Downloads
    Uploads

Rainier Avalanche Mod 2

This is more of a review. I got one of these during the pre-order phase and waited two months to get it.

I got it, greased it, and tossed it in the rifle. Within a few minutes I knew I was going to return it. It is very light weight (I knew that to begin with), but it’s too thin, especially for an ambidextrous charging handle. This leads to some horrific binding, to the point it binds and holds the bolt to the rear under buffer spring tension. Doing the two finger over the top straight pull is uncomfortable and it just doesn’t feel like a quality instrument. I tried it in 3 uppers, the first being Rainier’s own. No luck. It’s going back first thing tomorrow.

Name:  A3C0B18E-485C-4446-AEC7-0212C5794609.jpeg
Views: 277
Size:  613.9 KB

Name:  4817DB2B-87C9-4FB9-8DA4-91F1B09DDD18.jpeg
Views: 282
Size:  703.7 KB

Name:  2B4D8515-AD9D-4DA1-A9F4-6A7296567C50.jpeg
Views: 249
Size:  423.7 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to hear that. I had a Mod 1 and it did not feel sturdy.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    What I first thought of them...looks cool

But even un suppressed I could tell i wasn’t gonna like it, plus the loose fitting in the upper , especially the latch setup...no thanks... gave it to a buddy that rarely shoots but thought it was the coolest thing ever..

Downloads
    Uploads
    I returned it and a SNACH will here Thursday

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Avalanche is geared towards the enthusiast, customization crowd.

I haven't used a 2.0 yet, but the original Avalanche was not duty grade.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Avalanche has been relaunched:

We had a lot of production issues with our initial launch. Our manufacturing partner couldn't produce consistency and I ended up eating about $50,000 in product to ensure bad products weren't causing issues for guys down range. The slow launch caused me to miss the marketing window and other competitors filled the void.

We didn't give up and we continued to reach to fulfill our vision. We have finally produced what we wanted to all along, a robust ambidextrous charging handle that allows the user to customize their latches for their desired look and feel.

Even if you miss your target, readjust, work harder and keep driving. This is a 3 year project in the making and I'm thankful our team never gave up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’d like to try the new 2.0. I’m all about fixing problems and trying again though!