Sig---I am a big time Sig fan, particularly with regards to their pistols. (Other stuff, not as convinced of or have little experience with). I have about five or six Sig pistols. I would definitely buy more if given the chance.

CZ--I also really like CZ...I have been eyeballing several of their guns for quite some time. We have a CZ 75B and based on that, just damn. My list of wants is growing ever longer. I have finger banged some of their guns a long time ago and wow. I have heard of Cajun Gun Works doing some 'job' on them, but honestly not really sure what that means. Maybe they just fix up the triggers? Also how long does it take to get that done and how much does it cost? It's just a matter of time until I start making a CZ collection.

Kahr--I have tried Kahr pistols, and while they were 'ok' they get a 'meh. I wouldn't buy one again' from me. I absolute HATED the trigger on that damn thing. I wouldn't say 'Kahr sucks' but it did suck for me. The trigger sucked! Hated the whole damn thing to be honest just because of that.

Taurus--I started my pistol owning a long time ago with a Taurus 24/7 which I shot the holy hell out of. It was a big heavy brick, and it was in .40 but eventually I got rid of both (the caliber and the gun). It went bang when I pulled the trigger and basically I learned what I like and don't like (at the time) and graduated to nicer things. It was my starter drug but I would never buy another one.

Kimber---I have finger banged Kimber and also, meh. Not impressed. Never shot one but am not that attracted to them.

Glocks-- I am not saying anything bad about Glocks. The ability to customize them looks awesome. Other than that, I haven't been in love with them. Seems like an acquired taste to me. I've never picked one up and said 'oh hell that feels good'... or 'man check out the trigger in that thing!'. That said I see UW's custom guns and I really like those. But straight out of the box? Not so much. I have never had the chance to pick up a tricked out Glock much less shoot one, but the whole 'build it like you like it' does have a lot of appeal to me.

Springfield---...my dad has one and it's ok, but not really anything memorable about it. Plus F those guys. That gun was bought before their political bullshit. It's not mine but F those guys.

FN--- a friend has a 5.7 pistol and it's pretty cool. Ammo is expensive and reloading is a PITA if at all possible. Other than the 5.7 not much experience with FN. No real opinion either way. At this point I would probably shy away from 5.7 simply because it's kind of an oddball caliber and doesn't seem practical. If at all possible I would like to keep my pistols in two calibers for the most part sheerly because of ammo management.

HK-- No experience shooting one.

Beretta-- Not much experience either. What I have had the chance to shoot I wasn't super in love with.

S&W-- People rave about the shield. I shot one a long time ago but it's been so long that I would have to revisit it.

Ruger--- again not much experience.

------

Definitely right now my top two are Sig (by far) with CZ right up there too. To me those two are on a whole new level.

I didn't list every manufacturer by any means, but I am curious as to what other people like and why. By the sheer number of pictures it looks like everyone dumps cash into Glocks

-----

One thing I have noticed is I personally don't own any plastic guns. I also do not own any striker fired guns. I used to own several of both but right now nothing. I don't have anything against either. I just don't have any right now. I will probably purchase plastic and striker fired both at some point but I will be a little more choosy about it. If you look at it from my experience my striker fired and plastic guns were Taurus, Kahr, and I got to play with a Springfield. So far nothing has really jumped out and grabbed me.

For me my main criteria are how it feels in my hand (fit) and the trigger. I am a trigger snob.

In an ideal world I will have 3 or 4 suppressor hosts in each caliber (9 & .45) that are set up for it (sites etc). (I still need to buy a .45 can but hopefully I can get on that soon).

I have little to no experience with wheel guns so for the sake of discussion we will leave those out of the discussion (for now).

At this point I am probably going to keep on focusing on Sig and CZ, but is there anything that I might be overlooking? The guns don't have to be specifically designed for carry, but just nice range toys that are a pleasure to shoot.

I am curious as to the opinion of others here on the forum as to their handgun preferences and not just brand but 'what' they actually like and why.