Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by din View Post
    The Elander mags are fine. I have the 17, 20, and 24 round magazines and haven't had problems with any of them.

The problems with broken bolts were generally caused by people using 7.62X39 bolts which don't have the correct bolt-face depth. I don't know anyone who's actually broken a bolt anytime recently, but there are loads of people who know someone who knows someone who broke fifteen bolts because the 6.5 Grendel is the devil's caliber or something, and if you shoot a 6.8 Spcl then angels come down and give you handies while a heavenly choir sings.

I am really interested in the 224 Valkyrie, but near as I can tell that's the only noteworthy thing related to the 6.8.
    I am currently putting together a 6.8 SPC, and am a total newb with that caliber. But the company, Black Stone Arms, who's building my upper, told me they source their bolts that are specifically machined and then head spaced for 6.8SPC.
    Reason? Broken Bolts. I don't know anything else about devils and angles dancing around the range, but maybe there is some truth to it. (Broken Bolts)

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 31 July 2018 at 10:01.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well...I’ve come full circle from yes to no , to this. My old mega lower/fortis in OD green Gunkote I did , years ago and is surprisingly really strong stuff.

This setup has been a 16” 556 to a tungsten coated 16” 300 BO to a 18” 556 to sandblasted and sprayed green 16” 556 and now a few years of just sitting around.it’s a 16” BA Hanson 6.5 Grendel..so..

Lapped the upper, shimmed barrel with a .002 stainless shim and bedded. Rail lined up prefect when i installed it. Did a few things to the mk136 bolt and polished up the chamber and lapped the lugs slightly. I’ve done a few of these things to other builds but went thru every aspect of this one.

Ran a few rds thru it to see how it ejected, cycled , lock the bolt. All good with cheap wolf and match Hornady stuff.

So now to either borrow the 1-4 off my other rifle for time being, but I’d like a little more magnification for this one.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Downloads
    Uploads
    So who else is shooting Grendel’s around here..

Downloads
    Uploads
    No one...chicken fuckers...

Lol...bored and just watched super troopers..