Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

WEVO Group buy: Lantac RPS

The RPS is Lantac’s ratcheting plate system that replaces the standard castle nut/end plate and removes the need for staking. The system includes a QD mount in the end plate.

Who is interested in a group buy if the Lantac RPS? Only agree if you are willing to commit. We need a minimum of 10 to figure out pricing.

Lantac confirmed roughly 30-35% off MSRP of $50. This deal will not be available after the group buy is finished.

34 units committed (as of 7/5).

5 sets group (5 total sets)
    PDJ642

4 sets group (4 total sets)
    Airborne_EWO

3 sets group

2 sets group (18 total sets)
    Uffdaphil
    UWone77
    Sinner
    McGizzle
    apmcdaniel
    Confuzshuz
    old11bravo
    Sak007
    kalopsia

1 set group (7 total sets)
    WarEagle
    Jerry R
    tact
    din
    Chopperhack
    Eric
    fledge
    Last edited by fledge; 5 July 2018 at 16:25.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just so people don't get confused and think this is a $5 End plate with a $3 Castle Nut.

Full MSRP is $49.99

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Just so people don't get confused and think this is a $5 End plate with a $3 Castle Nut.

Full MSRP is $49.99
    Do you want to be added to the list!??

I asked Aaron to clarify a group cost for us.

The competition to this is from PWS. Theirs is $30. And I’m not a fan of loose tolerance of the locking mechanism.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post

The competition to this is from PWS. Theirs is $30. And I’m not a fan of loose tolerance of the locking mechanism.
    Not sure yet.

Depends on the pricing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

Full MSRP is $49.99
    What is the difference between Lantac’a and PWS’s?

I’ve had significant issues with PWS end plates. The nipples are not tall enough to thoroughly engage the buffer tube slot and in the process of mounting ruined two Vltor A5 tubes in spite of trying to hold the tube while tightening it. I did communicate with PWS and they sent me two new end plates that had the same issue with them nipple, and the new ones had black magic marker on them.

Have you used these yet?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a new product, un-released. Aaron will have to chime in on durability and testing specs. Thanks Fledge!

http://www.ar15news.com/2017/03/23/n...stem-qd-plate/
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to hear your bad luck with the PWS version that’s been out for awhile. The PWS design may rely on the receiver extension to be spec’d correctly. I have one of the PWS versions on a SBR with zero issues so far, I’m using a Vltor extension. If I had to pay more than $20 for it though, I would rather just stake it. The Lantac looks cool though.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven’t had any problems with the PWS version either.

Downloads
    Uploads

The RPS is Lantac’s ratcheting plate system that replaces the standard castle nut/end plate and removes the need for staking. The system includes a QD mount in the end plate.

Who is interested in a group buy if the Lantac RPS? Only agree if you are willing to commit. We need a minimum of 10 to figure out pricing.

Already committed:

1: Fledge
    2: Stone
    3: Aragorn
    4:
    5:
    6:
    7:
    8:
    9:
    10:
    11:
    Count me in. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Sorry to hear your bad luck with the PWS version that’s been out for awhile. The PWS design may rely on the receiver extension to be spec’d correctly. I have one of the PWS versions on a SBR with zero issues so far, I’m using a Vltor extension. If I had to pay more than $20 for it though, I would rather just stake it. The Lantac looks cool though.
    Mine is on a PWS tube. It feels no more secure than tightening a castle prior to staking.

I also have a set in the parts bin. I guess I should sell it to put toward a Lantac. :) My propose for RPS is to complete my Lantac build. And their design with the offset lock built into the plate looks more secure (like a high end folding knife) and has fewer parts. But this is based only on pics. I’ve not heard problems from Raven owners.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    The Vltor is what I used with mine, both times. The first one I used was good to go, but 2 and 3 following were not. My own personal insight was I was trying to fix something that wasn’t exactly “broken” and ended up causing more problem than solution. But that’s just my own personal experiences. I think everyone’s mileage varies it seems.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seems a little steep, but I will commit just to try it out based on Lantac’s rep.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads

Pricing is $49.99 MSRP. I could probably get somewhere in the %30-35 off range - not %100 sure yet as we're still figuring out the best way to manufacture these in bulk. But, I will not be able to extend any kind of big price breaks beyond this group buy. So, I need to be clear on that. If you're not in the group buy and then you come to me and ask me for the same deal and discount the answer will be no. This is a special thing I'm doing for you WEVO guys.

So, our RPS is made out of 17-4 PH SS in the H900 condition and then will be QPQ / Nitrided. Most are 4140 and then phosphated. So, we're above most on corrosion and material stand point. Where ours differs from say PWS is we have no parts beyond the plate and nut. The teeth are machined into each part respectively. There's nothing to fall apart or break. BUT, since the teeth are integrated into each part, if you sit there and ratchet this thing 1000 times the tooth will likely go away. I've done my personal RPS about 65 times now with no loss in effectiveness of the system. But, lets be real. How often do you remove your castle nut?

Happy to answer any other questions or concerns you guys got and I will update you with pricing and availability ASAP. I think we will be ready for full production in 2-3 weeks. Then it's easy street from there...

I'll drop a little egg in here...

How does the idea for a completely tool-less take down pin set sound? Meaning - no tools, magnets or anything required to swap mil spec take down and pivot pins to ours...cuz we're working on something i think is pretty awesome.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Id be in for one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
    Pricing is $49.99 MSRP. I could probably get somewhere in the %30-35 off range - not %100 sure yet as we're still figuring out the best way to manufacture these in bulk. But, I will not be able to extend any kind of big price breaks beyond this group buy. So, I need to be clear on that. If you're not in the group buy and then you come to me and ask me for the same deal and discount the answer will be no. This is a special thing I'm doing for you WEVO guys.

So, our RPS is made out of 17-4 PH SS in the H900 condition and then will be QPQ / Nitrided. Most are 4140 and then phosphated. So, we're above most on corrosion and material stand point. Where ours differs from say PWS is we have no parts beyond the plate and nut. The teeth are machined into each part respectively. There's nothing to fall apart or break. BUT, since the teeth are integrated into each part, if you sit there and ratchet this thing 1000 times the tooth will likely go away. I've done my personal RPS about 65 times now with no loss in effectiveness of the system. But, lets be real. How often do you remove your castle nut?

Happy to answer any other questions or concerns you guys got and I will update you with pricing and availability ASAP. I think we will be ready for full production in 2-3 weeks. Then it's easy street from there...

I'll drop a little egg in here...

How does the idea for a completely tool-less take down pin set sound? Meaning - no tools, magnets or anything required to swap mil spec take down and pivot pins to ours...cuz we're working on something i think is pretty awesome.
    Aaron, glad you clarified this. I've been part of other group buys and inevitably someone who misses out on the buy or has regrets, start contacting the manufacturer demanding to be given the same price.

30-35% is pretty damn good, so I'm in for at least one now.