Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Got it, thanks!
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    My own personal insight was I was trying to fix something that wasn’t exactly “broken” and ended up causing more problem than solution.
    My experience with it has been good so far, but also came to the same conclusion. I paid about $18 for mine. While mine has worked well, is it more secure than a normal $8 staked piece? I doubt it.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Every once in a while I like to try out something new. I do have a build on the back burner this will be for so its not like I am tearing apart rifles to introduce a new part. When a new part or idea comes out the first thing I ask myself is what can go wrong with it since most manufacturers are already selling the upsides on their product. I don't really see a downside to this part. The rifle this is going on will be a "beat the ever loving snot out of rifle" so it will be put through the wringer. I will do an initial 100 rounds on a break in then a strip down and clean but after that it will just be pushed to the point of failure.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's with some 1st SFG guys right now getting pounded.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good to hear, thanks for the intell. I will be running your 16" barrel, gas block, gas tube and BCG on this rifle as well. I picked yours because I think it will handle the abuse.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Good to hear, thanks for the intell. I will be running your 16" barrel, gas block, gas tube and BCG on this rifle as well. I picked yours because I think it will handle the abuse.
    It will. Contrary to popular rumor - we beat our stuff within the company, then send it to SF dudes to REALLY beat and then we release it. We test everything to failure, or more accurately to the point where I go "Okay, it's not gonna break...release it". LOL.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Put me down for one to try as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
    It will. Contrary to popular rumor - we beat our stuff within the company, then send it to SF dudes to REALLY beat and then we release it. We test everything to failure, or more accurately to the point where I go "Okay, it's not gonna break...release it". LOL.

Always good to see decision makers in the playpen. That's good enough to convince me to buy in. :D

Bring the group buys!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like the grounds for a sweet build, gonna do a thread on it?
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks and I will but it is still a ways out.

@Aaron, As far as round counts go what are your barrels rated at? 15-20K? I am sure the firing schedule will determine barrel life but under a fairly standard shooting schedule what can we expect?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks and I will but it is still a ways out.

@Aaron, As far as round counts go what are your barrels rated at? 15-20K? I am sure the firing schedule will determine barrel life but under a fairly standard shooting schedule what can we expect?
    We have one with 15K on it that's still holding MOA. From .38" out of the box to about .92" now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sign me up. I have a home for one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
    We have one with 15K on it that's still holding MOA. From .38" out of the box to about .92" now.
    Just what I was looking for, thanks brother. FWIW, posting that info about the testing and durability findings go along way to a consumer. In the past most companies have been so tight lipped about that stuff it was difficult to sift through the facts from here say. It seems to me the companies that do well in the end are the ones communicating stuff just like this, it creates a lot of confidence in the end user. Confidence and trust equals sales. There are a lot of people reading these threads well beyond the members here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ll commit to 2, what’s the timeline?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by McGizzle View Post
    I’ll commit to 2, what’s the timeline?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Post #13. Full production said to be 2-3 weeks out as of last week.