Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thinking about a SLR Sentry 7 set screw adj gas block to fit under a Midwest Industries Combat handguard. This is just to tame down an overgassed carbine. No suppressed shooting... at least not at this time. Reading some of the positive remarks here I'm guessing that folks using SLR adj are still generally pleased? Cons?

Also considering a Back River Tactical "port" that somehow installs in any regular non-adjustable low profile gas block. Seems simple enough which might serve my purpose of reducing gas a bit rather than fine tune. Any experience with these?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Both work well. I use slr whenever I need adjustable gas and have used the brt ports, too. Brt also has some new gas tubes that do the same thing, and are easier to use (for obvious reasons) than the port screws.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    The BRT inserts can be purchased with a kit for tapping the gas block. Easy install. I’d go that route if you don’t have a pinned device already. Clint recommends difference sizes depending on your application.

I have their gas tube and it works too but still in prototype mode. They are unsure how much erosion the gas tube hole can take.

The SLR gas blocks are good too if you need an adj.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks guys.

Anyone ya know offer a WEVO discount code for a Sentry 7?
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 24 June 2018 at 04:30.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Thanks guys.

Anyone ya know offer a WEVO discount code for a Sentry 7?
    I've got SLR Sentry AGBs on most of my builds now and am very pleased with them.

I'm not aware of a WEVO discount code. SLR just had a Father's Day sale, and I'm sure they'll have a 4th of July sale in a week or so. Ordering direct from SLR is good as customer service is excellent. Another great source is Strong Side Tactical which has them for a few bucks off, free shipping, excellent customer service, and ships very quickly. Looks like the best deal right now would be Brownells, as they have an active 10% off and free shipping coupon code.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks again.

Forgot to ask... for a barrel having not yet been dimpled is there any reason to select screw spacing of one over the other, .4 vs .45?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Thanks again.

Forgot to ask... for a barrel having not yet been dimpled is there any reason to select screw spacing of one over the other, .4 vs .45?
    The .45 is for Larue barrels. If you don't have the barrel dimpled yet, just get whichever one is cheapest.

Downloads
    Uploads
    SLR is having another sale right now on gas blocks. 15% off.

https://slrrifleworks.com/index.php?...h=57&limit=100