Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I initially had the spacer installed with a carbine length spring and carbine length buffer. This would not allow the bolt to go back far enough to pick up the round to chamber. Once I removed the spacer it worked correctly. Only problem I have now is the spring doesn't have enough power to fully chamber the round. I fear that if I put a rifle length spring in it that this will not allow the bolt to go back far enough to pick up the round. The UBR 2 manual states that you aren't to run a rifle length spring in it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    An A5 uses a rifle length spring. I don’t know what context the manual refers to by that statement.

A rifle length spring with a carbine buffer will give the adequate space with the AR10 carrier.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Excerpt from Magpul regarding UBR 2.0:

"A carbine buffer and spring (M4 or SR-25 length) or A5 buffer and spring are required for use with the UBR and are not included.“

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by titanse05 View Post
    I initially had the spacer installed with a carbine length spring and carbine length buffer. This would not allow the bolt to go back far enough to pick up the round to chamber. Once I removed the spacer it worked correctly. Only problem I have now is the spring doesn't have enough power to fully chamber the round. I fear that if I put a rifle length spring in it that this will not allow the bolt to go back far enough to pick up the round. The UBR 2 manual states that you aren't to run a rifle length spring in it.
    You are right, the AR15 rifle length spring may be too long, but a 308 rifle length spring should be fine.

Maybe my post wasn't clear (I said it was confusing!), but you have two options:

1) Put the spacer back in, use an AR15 carbine springs, and get the short DPMS/SR25 308 carbine buffer: https://aeroprecisionusa.com/308-carbine-buffer.html

or

2) Leave the spacer out, use your AR15 carbine buffer, and get an Armalite AR10 pattern buffer spring (which is the same for AR10 rifles and carbines but is different from both AR15 rifle and carbine springs and not the same as the DPMS/SR25 carbine spring): https://www.rainierarms.com/armalite...buffer-spring/

I recommend the latter.

Downloads
    Uploads

Pretty sure I'm building an AR-10. Looking for some advice.

Last edited by fledge; 28 January 2018 at 20:05. Reason: BoilerUp posted while I was writing. Deleted comment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    You are right, the AR15 rifle length spring may be too long, but a 308 rifle length spring should be fine.

Maybe my post wasn't clear (I said it was confusing!), but you have two options:

1) Put the spacer back in, use an AR15 carbine springs, and get the short DPMS/SR25 308 carbine buffer: https://aeroprecisionusa.com/308-carbine-buffer.html

or

2) Leave the spacer out, use your AR15 carbine buffer, and get an Armalite AR10 pattern buffer spring (which is the same for AR10 rifles and carbines but is different from both AR15 rifle and carbine springs and not the same as the DPMS/SR25 carbine spring): https://www.rainierarms.com/armalite...buffer-spring/

I recommend the latter.
    Confusing indeed.....lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Picked up the Armalite spring from DSG Arms for $11.50 shipped. We'll see if that fixes me up.
    Last edited by titanse05; 29 January 2018 at 18:43.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rifle length spring arrived today and now it operates correctly. Now I just need an opportunity to shoot it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rifle length spring arrived today and now it operates correctly. Now I just need an opportunity to shoot it.
    This one? https://dsgarms.com/armea1095

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Correct

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well done.

Decide on glass? or was that earlier in the thread and I missed it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Well done.

Decide on glass? or was that earlier in the thread and I missed it?
    Undecided on glass and looking for suggestions. I run red dots and my recently acquired ACOG on other rifles. Don't own any high quality higher magnificaton optics.

300 yards will be the typical distance that this setup gets used at.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That thing turned out great..Nice looking rifle!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nicely done, titan.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!