Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    A trust for a can is definitely on the wishlist! Still not sure about stock/sbr stamp since I cross state lines a lot.

That's awesome! Sure beats boiling them in water with Dawn soap, scraping scrubbing.
    Pew! Not to mention the smell! Tried it. Paid dearly for it! What does crossing state lines have to do with SBRing your gun? Just file a bunch of the advisory notes, no reply, or permission necessary. AFAIK, you just keep the notice with your other NFA paperwork and you're gtg. Hopefully one of the resident NFA guru's *Paging slippers, UWOne, or Stick* will pop along and confirm, or call B.S.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Pew! Not to mention the smell! Tried it. Paid dearly for it! What does crossing state lines have to do with SBRing your gun? Just file a bunch of the advisory notes, no reply, or permission necessary. AFAIK, you just keep the notice with your other NFA paperwork and you're gtg. Hopefully one of the resident NFA guru's *Paging slippers, UWOne, or Stick* will pop along and confirm, or call B.S.
    Ok I thought it was more to it than that, like having to notify each trip out of state. I tend to shoot/hunt more in Mississippi than Louisiana, that's why I was concerned. And the Thordsen/MFT saddle setup is pretty dang comfy.

Only other perk to staying pistol that comes to my mind is I can have it loaded in the vehicle here while traveling, but the minute it gets a stock and becomes a rifle it falls under game laws and has to be unloaded. Ridiculous, but that's Louisiana laws for you.

This may mean that when funds allow for a gun trust I may pickup a nicer lower like an Aero and have it SBR'd and leave this Anderson lower in pistol configuration for traveling.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Unless you're evacuating, technically you do have to wait for the response, but it doesn't take long. You can file multiple forms to different locations at the same time and if you fill in the form correctly, it's good for one year, no matter how many trips you make.

If moving around in-state, no form is required, however the NFA branch requests a form be submitted for a permanent move in-state.