Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have one.

But only because I needed one to go into communist states for a brief moment where they didn't allow 8+ rounds and the 43 did not yet exist.

It has since been sitting on my desk.

It's going to be 2018, why don't we put away old tech, yeah?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    It's going to be 2018, why don't we put away old tech, yeah?
    Do you own a watch with an automatic or handwinding movement?

Same thing, different slice of life.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post

I think he uses a sun dial.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I think he uses a sun dial.
    He sells cut up wetsuits and calls them neoprene wedges. What do you expect?!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post

Same thing?

"Vintage" watches are called "vintage" for a reason.

Comparing them to Vacheron's or Pateks, not even the tourbillion's just the standard new release watches is literally comparing horse drawn carriages of the 1800's to modern built production Ferrari's.

It's 2018, let old technology die already, we will all be better for it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    He sells cut up wetsuits and calls them neoprene wedges. What do you expect?!
    Says the guy who has a wedge and doesn't tell anyone because he's in the closet in love with it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Same thing?

It's 2018, let old technology die already, we will all be better for it.
    So, let's get rid of our shotguns. The Chinese invented them several centuries ago. Do you own a "tactical" shotgun. If you do, it's gotta go. If we own a black powder rifle, because it won't sling over your swat gear, it's old tech and has to go? Revolvers still have both a practical and enjoyable place in peoples collections. Colt pythons are some of the most beautiful (factory) pistols I've ever had the pleasure to shoot. The triggers feel like they're on ball bearings. Running a box of .357 or .38 Spec is as fun today as it was when I was in my teens. S/A .44's have bagged a lot of game for me. I get the feeling you've grown up in a "technical" bubble and can't appreciate anything but.. if anyone took your "let old technology die already" seriously, and magically it just happened, a lot of people would lose a lot of joy shooting that "old tech" stuff.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 29 November 2017 at 22:43.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    So, let's get rid of our shotguns. The Chinese invented them several centuries ago. Do you own a "tactical" shotgun. If you do, it's gotta go. If we own a black powder rifle, because it won't sling over your swat gear, it's old tech and has to go? Revolvers still have both a practical and enjoyable place in peoples collections. Colt pythons are some of the most beautiful (factory) pistols I've ever had the pleasure to shoot. The triggers feel like they're on ball bearings. Running a box of .357 or .38 Spec is as fun today as it was when I was in my teens. S/A .44's have bagged a lot of game for me. I get the feeling you've grown up in a "technical" bubble and can't appreciate anything but.. if anyone took your "let old technology die already" seriously, and magically it just happened, a lot of people would lose a lot of joy shooting that "old tech" stuff.

FT
    Lol what? That not only doesn't make sense but it's exceedingly shortsighted.

Semi auto shotguns have extremely applicable designs to hunting and real world tactical application - most PDs just don't use semi autos, which is stupid.

Modern pump action shotguns are actually much slower than their originally made counterparts, and while they may have some limited application they are not as effective as a semi auto shotgun, and most often not nearly as effective as a rifle caliber option.

You are talking about feelings, enjoyment and beauty, I am talking about real world application and development of technology. You want to enjoy shooting revolvers? Knock yourself out, Id wager good money youll go for a semi auto pistol for personal defense though.

With your stance on the subject you shouldn't own a modern firearm at all then, right? I bet you do though. I wonder why that is....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol what? That not only doesn't make sense but it's exceedingly shortsighted.

Semi auto shotguns have extremely applicable designs to hunting and real world tactical application - most PDs just don't use semi autos, which is stupid.

Modern pump action shotguns are actually much slower than their originally made counterparts, and while they may have some limited application they are not as effective as a semi auto shotgun, and most often not nearly as effective as a rifle caliber option.

You are talking about feelings, enjoyment and beauty, I am talking about real world application and development of technology. You want to enjoy shooting revolvers? Knock yourself out, Id wager good money youll go for a semi auto pistol for personal defense though.

With your stance on the subject you shouldn't own a modern firearm at all then, right? I bet you do though. I wonder why that is....
    Your post read like this: get rid of old technology. Had you said get rid of it for tactical uses, then maybe you might have "made sense". And that bit of advice is pretty short sighted in itself. Especially since I'm pretty sure the OP shoots modern tech gear, or they wouldn't be here in the first place. He just wanted a little revolver advice.

There's nothing in my post that indicates that I shouldn't own a "modern" firearm, based on feelings. If you want to call semi-auto "new" technology, so be it. Refined, yes, new, nope. Some of us do like to shoot something other than a SIG, Glock or AR once in a while, and I believe I can discern whether to carry an M&P over a black powder single shot duelling pistol for self defense.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 30 November 2017 at 04:46.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Your post read like this: get rid of old technology. Had you said get rid of it for tactical uses, then maybe you might have "made sense". And that bit of advice is pretty short sighted in itself. Especially since I'm pretty sure the OP shoots modern tech gear, or they wouldn't be here in the first place. He just wanted a little revolver advice.

There's nothing in my post that indicates that I shouldn't own a "modern" firearm, based on feelings. If you want to call semi-auto "new" technology, so be it. Refined, yes, new, nope. Some of us do like to shoot something other than a SIG, Glock or AR once in a while, and I believe I can discern whether to carry an M&P over a black powder single shot duelling pistol for self defense.

FT
    Right so other than not touching the points I've made you've made my argument for me.

Carry on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I must be getting old, because I used to think Revolvers were for old people.... well here I am.

My buddy used to have a Colt Python from the late 70's that I loved, but I think prices on the snake guns have gone full retard.

I'm considering a Smith and Wesson 686 4" or a 629 5" Or Both. I just want to shoot .357, not really interested in 44. Any other models I should consider? Ruger GP100?

On a side note anyone shoot 22lr Revolvers? Just as fun as their semiauto counterparts?
    I don't know if the quality is still there, but I used to own a Taurus .357 that was at least as nice as any of it's S&W counterparts and about 1/2 the price. Gave it to my cousin years ago and he's still shooting it.

Shooting .22 revolvers IMO is a double edged sword. A good revolver is sweet as heck, and can be extremely accurate. The down side is when you're shooting the hell out of the revolver, the fun has to stop every 6 or 7 rounds to reload vs. a high cap magazine. Both the Smiths you mentioned would probably make you happy. It might take a couple of hundred rounds or so to wear in and lose any grittiness and creep it may have, but a little gun grease will help with that. Just my humble opinion.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm over here trying to figure out how in the hell pump actions got slower. After I get to the bottom of that I will proceed to smash all my outdated bolt guns. LOL Some stupid ass comments in this one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally don't think in this regard technology is relevant at all. Hell man, people are shooting frickin' muzzle loaders for crying out loud.

People restore Model T's and muscle cars from the 1950's. Likewise people shoot old military rifles all the time. In other words there is such a thing as doing this stuff for fun.

I doubt that a wheel gun in this case will become more than just something fun to shoot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I'm over here trying to figure out how in the hell pump actions got slower. After I get to the bottom of that I will proceed to smash all my outdated bolt guns. LOL Some stupid ass comments in this one.
    If you want to direct your comment towards someone you should quote them, otherwise you come off as passive aggressive.

If you believe my statements to be inaccurate then you should provide evidence of such a stance. Having shot original made shotguns on several occasions they are definitely faster, you should do your own research before asserting something you have no experience about.

As for bolt rifles, if you think a mosin nagant is the same as a .338 savage you are not only mistaken you are well into a cup of denial.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As for bolt rifles, if you think a mosin nagant is the same as a .338 savage you are not only mistaken you are well into a cup of denial.
    There is no question that technology has gotten substantially better. Everything from the materials used to the process to machine it, to increases in ammo performance all have played a major role. Even the gun powder they are using now is better than what it used to be.

I still think you're looking at this thread through the lens of work. If I was a cop and was sent in to raid a crack house I sure as hell would not want to be given a mosin nagant or a .38 special in lieu of other current options.

That said I think this has kind of gone off on a tangent a little bit. Like I said before, there is a lot of guns I would shoot just for fun.

Long story short there is nothing wrong with wheel guns. I don't think they are meant to be a replacement for anything but they have their place where it is.