Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't care if you don't like wheel guns, or have fantasies that old school pump shotties were faster.

Let's get back on topic. Anything after this not related to the topic will be cleaned up.

Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cant go wrong with Either the 686 or the GP100. I prefer the 6 inch versions. Both are pretty accurate.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I remembered this from a few months ago. Obviously you don't need to watch the whole thing, but relevant information is at 12:40.

Downloads
    Uploads
    One of the things I enjoy about revolvers for recreational use is that you can reload without being bound to an autoloader's cycling requirements. I reload 38spcl cases using 148gr DEWC and 2.6gr of Winchester 231. Accurate easy shooting load in the Tracker I mentioned earlier feeling close to a 22LR. Great for the wife and grandkids too.

Revolvers are simple to operate, reliable, versatile and VERY forgiving. Worthy characteristics for both recreational and self defense use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You know, I actually enjoy the my S&W in 45s and 44s more than my wheel guns in .38 and 357. I hand load my .44's though. So I don't get a lot of recoil from the light loaded .44spl and .44mags. Especially in the N' frame guns. I only own one Snake model. The .44 and .45s are more accurate than most people can shoot.

If you are going to get a ruger GP-100 they are solid guns. I recommend having the trigger smoothed out some. I don't own any Ruger Wheel guns anymore though. I jumped on the Classic S&W wagon years ago.

Find yourself a nice S&W Model 10-5 or 10-6. I enjoy shooting my 10-5 with a 5' barrel. Its a fun range toy and will become my old man gun when I am in my 80's. I also recommend the S&W in .45ACP. Seriously, if you aren't going to hand load .44mag or Spl. Getting a 625 or 25-2 is the way to go. Still a lot of fun to shoot and not a lot of recoil with factory loads. Yeah, you have to deal with moon clips, but they aren't that big of a deal.

If you are going to stick with .357 and 38 I recommend the Model 66-whatever with a 4' barrel. If you can find a nice blued 586 you will have a soft shooting gun that is also beautiful with the blueing.

Too bad I moved or I could let you try whatever I have in my stable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only advice I can give is go with something that will double up with a lever gun. It saves on extra calibers whether you reload or not!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    The only advice I can give is go with something that will double up with a lever gun. It saves on extra calibers whether you reload or not!
    Excellent advice, Joelski. Maybe a Marlin .44 mag, with your choice of .44 revolver. I used to carry that same combo, hunting in areas where there are critters who want to kill you. I've owned a stainless Ruger revolver, but preferred a Super Blackhawk S/A for hunting. Makes one sleep at night where the critter count outside of the tent, was a little shakey.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve had both a 4” 686 and a GP100. I preferred the balance of the 686. Recently got to shoot a 686 Plus and loved it, may be my next purchase.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    The 686 is an almost perfect revolver.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I’ve had both a 4” 686 and a GP100. I preferred the balance of the 686. Recently got to shoot a 686 Plus and loved it, may be my next purchase.
    GOST, have you ever tried a Super Redhawk? If you want a DA and might pair it with a .44 lever gun, it's a great pair, especially when you're hunting in really heavy crap and don't have much room to swing the rifle. I've owned a couple, but prefer the Stainless S/A with some Hogue or Pachmayer rubber grips and a 7.5 barrel.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a Super Black Hawk and like it except for the trigger guard.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I shot a redhawk .41 mag and that thing kicked like an angry pirate!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great revolver. Mine has traveled many miles.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome way to start! Been eyeballing those myself