Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    "One could argue to use less parts to do more work could come at a cost of reliability while having more parts to accomplish a complicated action would aid in reliability"

So lets hear it.

Injury or death from a stove pipe? Really? I would like to see some statistics on that one...
    I believed the first statement speaks for itself but, if you cant figure it out on your own I won't try to explain Archimedes' Formula lets just say a fulcrum and lever (stick and a rock) works better than a stick at it's intended purpose.
    Second statement: Again, if you cant figure it out for yourself. Since we are talking about reliability (being you pull the trigger and a bullet leaves the chamber) you take a shot in a life and death situation and miss or wound your target (be it a bad guy or attacking animal) and it stove pipes by the time you clear it (especially in a stressful situation) and pull the slide your aggressor has the opportunity to attack. If you don't think this happens you've never been hunting or been in the unfortunate situation to have to double tap an aggressor.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gts350; 30 November 2019 at 21:49.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well on the other side of the coin, when your swapping out your empty six shot chamber the bad guy is finishing off his first 17 round mag and boom, your fucking dead. So since you couldnt figure that one out, I figured I would explain it to you, since it doesnt sound like you get out much. Clearing a stove pipe is a quick swipe and fast rack. Thats practiced along with keeping plenty of initial distance from an attacker. Situational awareness is the first line of defense, having a pistol is just another. You know Clint, you should really get out of your moms basemant. Again, trying to prove a point using another logical fallacy. Come on dude... Assumptions and logical fallacys are the work of the willingly ignorant.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well on the other side of the coin, when your swapping out your empty six shot chamber the bad guy is finishing off his first 17 round mag and boom, your fucking dead. So since you couldnt figure that one out, I figured I would explain it to you, since it doesnt sound like you get out much. Clearing a stove pipe is a quick swipe and fast rack. Thats practiced along with keeping plenty of initial distance from an attacker. Situational awareness is the first line of defense, having a pistol is just another. You know Clint, you should really get out of your moms basemant. Again, trying to prove a point using another logical fallacy. Come on dude... Assumptions and logical fallacys are the work of the willingly ignorant.

This post really shows who you are your mom should be proud of you (why don't you go upstairs and ask her).

As far as needing to reload after 6 rounds. Is it a gunfight at the OK corral? Even then I'd have 12 shots. You may need 17 rounds to hit your target. I can assure you I will hit mine in 1 or 2 depending if it's day or night
    Last edited by gts350; 30 November 2019 at 22:39.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That s pretty funny except Im going to have to deduct a few stars for piggy backing on my material. If you dont think the bad guys are going to carry extra ammo then you should really re think things.
    The OK Coral was a fart in the wind compared to the neighborhood I grew up in in Chicago. As far as my aiming goes, well lets see. This morning I ran some moving and shooting drills, fast draw and worked on speed re-loads with my G17. In the first 5-17 round mags on 4 inch steel rounds I managed 83 hits out of 85 rounds fired. Thats all moving and shooting, in a snow storm on uneven terrain at an average distance of 20 feet. Not to shabby for not having shot in about a month. How did you do today?
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't like to discuss how well I shot on the internet because first off its no ones business and second it appears as if I'm trying to make myself appear better than others, a weak behavior of which I don't partake.
    Since instead of having an educated discussion of the merits of a revolver, you want to be rude profane and turn it into a pissing contest, remember UWone77`s question was School me on wheel guns, not School me on what a great shot Stone seems to think he is, I will simply give you my shooting regiment ( as far as my ability you can believe whatever you want I REALLY don't care) I'm issued 1000 rounds of ammunition a month (2 calibers) of which I must return the large caliber brass for proof of practice. This does not include any of my personal shooting in a non-competition caliber or any competition of which I am required to participate to keep my position. If like you I took a month off from shooting I would drop in my ranking something I'm not willing to do. As far as how I do, I've been told I'm an OK shot and I believe there is always room for improvement.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gts350 View Post
    That may be true however, I have never had to diagnose "a lot of issues" with any of my revolvers while in the field.

I've never had to diagnose a Glock in the field, just saying I could if I had to, not so much with a revolver.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Like every other silly internet argument, this assumes there's only one right way to do something. Use what you want to use and train to it. It might not be the best solution, maybe it is, but training to it is where the value of the system of choice will become apparent.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Like every other silly internet argument, this assumes there's only one right way to do something. Use what you want to use and train to it. It might not be the best solution, maybe it is, but training to it is where the value of the system of choice will become apparent.
    It usually starts going down hill when someone claims something is the best, most reliable, ect.

Let's just talk about wheel guns people... like how I plan to get a King Cobra, and a the new Python that will likely be announced SHOT 2020

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now I'm thinking about taking out my little LCR in .22lr and doing some plinking ... anybody else have one? It's one of the hardest guns for me to hit with, but I love it ... maybe because it IS so tough? It was also SUPER expensive! I think I paid somewhere near $800 and it was tough to find locally ...

10195364.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not like there's a million god damn people on this forum. Be nice to each other of fuck off. - Not a mod.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just asked for clarification on a few things then got shit on with a condescending answer. Sorry for mucking up your thread UW. Carry on...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just asked for clarification on a few things then got shit on with a condescending answer. Sorry for mucking up your thread UW. Carry on...
    Nice fake apology, trying to shift the blame (you must be a liberal). Read your post you started this with your condescending "REALLY" comment. Then you followed it up with profanity.
    Dont ask a question if you dont want the answer. I never realized people in this group would be so thin skinned, when someone presents information that they don't agree with. I assumed people wanted to hear both sides. This must be the only gun forum full of Democrats.

As far as my original statement. I decided to take a poll at a tournament this weekend out of 32 members who shoot both revolvers and semi-automatic I asked the question have you ever pulled the trigger and for "any reason" the weapon prevented you from taking the next shot (In other words could you RELIABLY take a another shot without having to take any additional measure)?
    the results were:
    Semi-auto - 32 people had this happen at least once
    (all indicated multiple times)
    Revolver - 6 people had this happen at least once
    I know this is a small sample but, you see a trend.
    If the people here are actually shooting s-autos then they have had it happen to them. I dont know one s-auto shooter who hasn't. Now ask the revolver SHOOTERS (not just some guy with an opinion) you will find these numbers bare out. So I stand by the statement. I am going to continue this poll because I find it interesting. I started the poll to keep people here informed, but it appears many here aren't interested in being informed unless it agrees with their opinion. Apparently this isn't the group I thought it was. I will do both of us a favor and unsubscribe.
    Good luck,
    You're going to need it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gts350 View Post
    Nice fake apology, trying to shift the blame (you must be a liberal). Read your post you started this with your condescending "REALLY" comment. Then you followed it up with profanity.
    Dont ask a question if you dont want the answer. I never realized people in this group would be so thin skinned, when someone presents information that they don't agree with. I assumed people wanted to hear both sides. This must be the only gun forum full of Democrats.
    Welcome to the forum.

Calling other people names, generalizing people as Democrats... really not kosher.

People are friendly here, we like to talk about guns, but it's in the delivery.

Try not to be a dick.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

Calling other people names, generalizing people as Democrats... really not kosher.

People are friendly here, we like to talk about guns, but it's in the delivery.

Try not to be a dick.
    I intentionally stayed out of this, everyone else was doing fine and didn't need my input. It appears as Gts came here with a chip on his shoulder. Try not to be a dick? I think it's ingrained into his DNA. Anyway, GTS this form is a bit more of a brotherhood than just another forum. We as a group have come to the aide of brothers in need, help out with parts, whatever. Even when we disagree, and ruffle one another's feathers, we all know it's just in good fun. Even the Admin UW showed great restraint in asking you to "be friendly and don't be a dick". Most forum admins and mods would have banned you several posts ago. There is a LOT of talent here especially with the LEO/MIL crowd, but not exclusively that crowd. Lots and lots of civilians with a LOT of experience.

Chill, be cool, and you just might make a lot of friends here.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 3 December 2019 at 22:49.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper