Downloads
    Uploads

House looks to expand CCW reciprocity

This may not be news to everyone, but I’d like to see it progress. I’m on the road a lot and it would make life easier for me, and many others.

House panel to weigh bill expanding gun rights
    http://www.whsv.com/content/news/Hou...460344313.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KW900A View Post
    This may not be news to everyone, but I’d like to see it progress. I’m on the road a lot and it would make life easier for me, and many others.

House panel to weigh bill expanding gun rights
    http://www.whsv.com/content/news/Hou...460344313.html
    I put this up there with HPA.

Needs to happen, but won't

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I put this up there with HPA.

Needs to happen, but won't
    Exactly

Downloads
    Uploads
    Would be interesting to read a Pro-gun article on some details. This article obviously is against the idea but at least has to admit it since it’s news....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, the link is my local news. But it’s an AP article, so yeah... lib media

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure I want this to pass

Name:  7D488C80-3B9E-498A-8E7A-1B9F74C9F2EB.jpeg
Views: 244
Size:  121.6 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    One of our Representatives, Thomas Massie, is reaching out to voters to kill this whole thing. He's warning that there is an underlying scheme to this.
    It's a rehash of Obama's dream to have all NIC's based denials be turned over to government agencies instead of a proper Court denying a persons rights. Don't think Dems will weaponize this???? Hell, they weaponized the IRS, the FBI and damn near every government agency who had it's nose up Obama's ass. Just saying, this could be one serious assed "sheep in wolves clothing" scam. It is not because liberal politicians just decided to respect the rights you already have.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 5 December 2017 at 08:00.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve heard this coming out the last couple of days, honestly I have not taken the time to read up on it further since my OP. That said, the last thing I want is to give libs a ‘foot in the door’.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hammered my Senators about this a month or so back. The republican guys get it, even Portman, with his RINO-ish tendencies, but I take great pleasure in prodding the libtard dem fkstick with letters and emails representing the voice of thousands of constituents!

And that's how I really feel.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    One of our Representatives, Thomas Massie, is reaching out to voters to kill this whole thing. He's warning that there is an underlying scheme to this.
    It's a rehash of Obama's dream to have all NIC's based denials be turned over to government agencies instead of a proper Court denying a persons rights. Don't think Dems will weaponize this???? Hell, they weaponized the IRS, the FBI and damn near every government agency who had it's nose up Obama's ass. Just saying, this could be one serious assed "sheep in wolves clothing" scam. It is not because liberal politicians just decided to respect the rights you already have.

FT
    I emailed my Rep and I hope everybody here does the same!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Won’t be the first time mine has heard from me

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am watching the rules committee debate now.

The guy that's promoting the reciprocity bill is advocating for rolling it together with NICS fix. The Dems are against the combination of the bill in committee at least so far.

If you're ready to hear some horrible anti gun banter from the left you can watch here.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?438152...aled-carry-gun

Downloads
    Uploads
    After watching that hearing from tip to tail it is looked upon by Democrats that NICS Fix is 'widely agreed upon' even by Republicans. THEY are the ones that want to separate the bills apart (the Democrats). From hearing their banter back and forth the Dems are saying HR 38 'is the poison pill' to a 'widely popular' NICS Fix bill.

The Republicans seem all on board for the NICS Fix as are the Democrats. The Republicans are trying to pass piggy back reciprocity on the back of NICS Fix and the Dems are pissed off about it.

The gun community as a whole is totally for reciprocity but they are cold on the NICS Fix for whatever reasons, probably primarily because of the language of the bill itself.

I have a feeling that ultimately whether we like it or not we will wind up with NICS Fix but not reciprocity. Whether that gets screwed in the Senate or the Courts is still TBD.

That said seeing how that it involves 'inter-state' issues that cross borders of various states that Congress should have ultimate authority over that. Under the Commerce Clause of the Constitution they clearly have jurisdiction, but under the 10th Amendment the States have the rights to make their own gun laws.

How froggy do you feel about that Supreme Court case there? (The Commerce Clause vs the 10th Amendment) There would be an almost immediate lawsuit or set of lawsuits by those 10ish states that are anti gun. If it passes it will ultimately come down to that distinction right there.

If you're feeling lawyerly please do share your opinion of how that would turn out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That said the Right to Bear Arms is clearly and repeatedly held up as a enshrined part of the Constitution and delegated to Congress BY the Constitution. If it wasn't a national issue the Heller Case would have never been in the Supreme Court to start with. Gun rights in that regard are delegated to the Federal Government in that line of thinking.