Downloads
    Uploads

Pistol Balance & Weight (+ Suppression)

OK guys here's another one of my off the wall questions. It's about pistol balance and weight.

For the sake of discussion I will present two firearms. A Glock 19 and a Sig P226.

An unloaded Glock 19 weighs in at about 24 oz.

An unloaded Sig P226 weighs in at 34 oz.

Both have 15 round mag capacity.

10oz is a significant difference in weight.

My question for those that have experience (or might know) "does the lighter handgun have a more unbalanced feel to it when you put a full size can on it?"

Conversely would an overall heavier handgun (like the 226) have a better balance to it with a can on there merely because of it's weight?

I know it's kind of a subjective question but I am wondering if anyone has any commentary on the subject?

The question is ultimately about how to create a more balanced handgun when shooting suppressed. It's not just about those specific guns. I used those two as examples only to demonstrate my point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’d probably start with what can?

I would assume the heavier gun would feel more balanced and maybe less snap to it..but there’s a lot of variables...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    I’d probably start with what can?

I would assume the heavier gun would feel more balanced and maybe less snap to it..but there’s a lot of variables...
    In my case I have a Revolution 9 and a P226 as a host. This is my primary go to suppression rig. With the can in the long (full) configuration even with the extra weight of the host it can get nose heavy. In the K configuration it's much lesser so but still there. In the K configuration it's much much better in that regard.

If I had the opportunity to get another host gun that isn't nearly as heavy would that make it feel more imbalanced? I am not so sure that it would but maybe someone who shoots a suppressed Glock of a similar nature to the 19 can share their opinion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    With my G19, I can hardly tell the suppressor is there. Mine is 7.5” long and 9.8oz

Name:  0366E2C9-0330-4832-A65C-7C0D11C66169.jpeg
Views: 92
Size:  419.9 KB

The Rev9 is about the same weight in the short config and 2oz heavier long.