Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
Mine hasn't come loose. Not sure what the dealie is? I've run 5 mags at most at one time, so maybe I'm not in that round count territory, or worn-in yet. I've also only put 60 rounds of 5.56 through it vs. 800+ of 300 BLK through it. If anything, I've taken measures to keep the M.D. from coming off with the can, hence Permatex moly grease, AKA: Nev-R-Seize.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Which can are you shooting?

Here is my specific 'situation' I guess you could say... When I shoot a direct thread on suppressor from time to time it can work it's way loose from the barrel.

I've never had the taper mount come loose ever. I have however had my Revolution 9 loosen up under fire.

The same thing has happened when I configured the can for direct thread on a .22 rifle. When the threads are totally dry I've caught it kind of wobbling loose over time.

I've also had the Revolution 9 end cap loosen up on me too. Again this was with clean bone dry threads. After shooting a little bit the end cap will sort of carbon seal and that solves itself....but once or twice I have caught it getting loose.

The direct thread on the barrel stuff though will sometimes wobble and try to 'walk off' the barrel. You have to reach up there and tighten it down every now and then.

I think that Teflon tape would be a great option to solve that problem. It's removable and should provide just enough friction to keep the direct thread adapter from coming loose. I pay attention to it, but it could cause a baffle strike if you're not being careful.