Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Mine hasn't come loose. Not sure what the dealie is? I've run 5 mags at most at one time, so maybe I'm not in that round count territory, or worn-in yet. I've also only put 60 rounds of 5.56 through it vs. 800+ of 300 BLK through it. If anything, I've taken measures to keep the M.D. from coming off with the can, hence Permatex moly grease, AKA: Nev-R-Seize.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Which can are you shooting?

Here is my specific 'situation' I guess you could say... When I shoot a direct thread on suppressor from time to time it can work it's way loose from the barrel.

I've never had the taper mount come loose ever. I have however had my Revolution 9 loosen up under fire.

The same thing has happened when I configured the can for direct thread on a .22 rifle. When the threads are totally dry I've caught it kind of wobbling loose over time.

I've also had the Revolution 9 end cap loosen up on me too. Again this was with clean bone dry threads. After shooting a little bit the end cap will sort of carbon seal and that solves itself....but once or twice I have caught it getting loose.

The direct thread on the barrel stuff though will sometimes wobble and try to 'walk off' the barrel. You have to reach up there and tighten it down every now and then.

I think that Teflon tape would be a great option to solve that problem. It's removable and should provide just enough friction to keep the direct thread adapter from coming loose. I pay attention to it, but it could cause a baffle strike if you're not being careful.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Taper mount, no direct thread mounting over here.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Let me know how much more gas in the face you get with that can.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Let me know how much more gas in the face you get with that can.
    On which gun?

I am assuming you mean on an AR...

In about 9 or 10 months, hopefully sooner I can give you a definitive answer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Kind of long and dry video but this is the first independent review I saw so far. I've visited my can in jail and it's definitely beefy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Update:

When I went to pick up my other cans today I had the opportunity to fondle my optimus micro while it was still in jail. I took my .22LR host pistol with me because I was curious about the weight/balance thing. Also I was able to thread on a titanium suppressor so that I could do a side by side comparison on weight.

My host pistol is a GSG Firefly and I can say without a doubt that the micro isn't bad AT ALL. Yes you notice it out there, but the weight on my host was pretty good actually. If you did a fully arm extended one arm hold you could feel it but it was still marginal. The good thing is I don't shoot like that. By comparison it is (by far) a lot less noticeable than a full size Revolution 9 on my P226. It might even be slightly better balance wise than the K configuration suppressor on my P226.

If you do a two hand hold with the micro (on my host) it's really not bad---not bad at all. And the sights are not obscured at all.

By comparison I threaded on a titanium can on my gun and you REALLY couldn't feel that one out there. It was like you didn't even have anything on the end of there.

After handling both---for my host---the weight of the micro is really a non issue. In fact with a proper two hand hold felt great to me.

If you maybe have a tiny little pistol it might be more noticeable, but even then it would be marginal.

---

Now that the weight issue is settled (in my mind) there are some other things---based on the review from the Modern Rifleman (the video and print editions) he says it's one of the lesser gassy suppressors out there. According to him it's less gassy than even many other dedicated 5.56 cans. You can read about it on the written review (I think).

---

After playing with the can a bit it's become a lot more clear where the niche of the micro really is. If you're not yet really a big NFA freak (at least not yet) this can is really pretty smart. It will cover the staple calibers for most average shooters. I say that because odds are you will be running a 16" or greater AR--and everyone knows that .22 cans are the gateway drug...so if you are shooting rimfire and ARs and not so much getting into bigger calibers (yet) this is one can that can cover your bases with a single purchase. The cross over appeal is definitely there.

If you have a collection of 5.56 cans and you want a pure .22LR can and that's it--- obviously you have a lot of choices.

If on the other hand you want one can that will cover most of your staple calibers this is a good choice. Compare it size and weight wise to the regular Optimus and this thing is TINY and much cheaper (by about half).

I can't wait for it to get out of jail now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have other 5.56 cans and .22 suppressor options and this was a huge plus for me. An extremely light 5.56 can that I can use on my lightweight Recce build, compatible with my Griffin taper mounts...I am more excited about this can than any of my previous ones

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I have other 5.56 cans and .22 suppressor options and this was a huge plus for me. An extremely light 5.56 can that I can use on my lightweight Recce build, compatible with my Griffin taper mounts...I am more excited about this can than any of my previous ones
    It took me a while to get it but for shooters that are running regular ARs but also get rim fire capabilities all in one purchase it's perfect.

I didn't compare the size and weight exactly on this and the full Optimus but this thing is relatively tiny and really light by comparison.

For someone new to suppressors this would be perfect.

Also the construction and durability is way better than others imo.

After playing around some with it I'm really looking forward to this one too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    subscribed, this seems like a very interesting thread

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by terryna View Post
    subscribed, this seems like a very interesting thread
    Gosh, what part is your favorite?