Downloads
    Uploads

Inverted Cycling for Break-in? Anyone here tried this?

Ran across this in my email. Anyone else here ever tried this? Author claims they've cured every new Glock with FTE's/FTF's by breaking in Glocks with this method: https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/br...ign=2017-12-03

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    So...what problem is he solving? Because this just hasn't been an issue for me when the gun cycles.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    So...what problem is he solving? Because this just hasn't been an issue for me when the gun cycles.
    I think he's claiming a quicker and smoother break-in of the pistol. I've never done anything special to break-in a Glock other than run a couple of hundred rounds through it, myself. I did, however, just have a friend have a little problem getting a new one running right, and he said he just cycled the slide about 200 times by hand to get it to settle in.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    I suppose its no different than charging a new AR15 build a hundred times. It allows the parts to get into their eventual position. Is it necessary on a Glock or a pistol in general? I suppose that's for the individual to discover. I just shot the dog piss out of my Glock when I got it, and I still do.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    He's basically doing the recoil guide rod spring test. I'd say it's more likely that this just proves you have a good spring and little else.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    He's basically doing the recoil guide rod spring test. I'd say it's more likely that this just proves you have a good spring and little else.
    It seems, from the responses, that there might no be too much to his method. I couldn't find much about his claims, but was still curious as to whether this was "common knowledge", and I had been doing things wrong over the years.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member