Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am wondering if those bullets they use in the videos are effective as it appears on the internet. The actual manufacturer of the bullets is Lehigh Defense which has it's own set of ammo as well.

Those Extreme Defenders and Extreme Penetrator bullets look interesting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I don't know who Gary Roberts is but then again that's why I am asking this here (to learn).
    FYI:
    Dr. Roberts is currently on staff at a large teaching hospital and Level I Trauma center were he performs hospital dentistry and surgery. After completing his residency at Navy Hospital Oakland in 1989 while on active military duty, he studied at the Army Wound Ballistic Research Laboratory at the Letterman Army Institute of Research and became one of the first members of the International Wound Ballistic Association. Since then, he has been tasked with performing military, law enforcement, and privately funded independent wound ballistic testing and analysis. As a Navy Reserve officer from 1986 to 2008, he served on the Joint Service Wound Ballistic IPT, as well as being a consultant to the Joint FBI-USMC munitions testing program and the TSWG MURG program. He is frequently asked to provide wound ballistic technical assistance to numerous U.S. and allied SOF units and organizations. In addition, he has been a technical advisor to the Association of Firearms and Toolmark Examiners, as well as to a variety of Federal, State, and municipal law enforcement agencies. He has been a sworn Reserve Police Officer in the San Francisco Bay Area, where he now he serves in an LE training role.
    His ammo list for handguns: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....f-Defense-Ammo

By all accounts, HST is already pretty good against barriers, particularly for a non-bonded round. If you're really that worried, Gold Dot is bonded, and even has special "Short Barrel" versions if you're that worried about shorter barrels.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't use the word 'worried'... it's more like 'curious'. I am somewhat open minded about new technology.

I am under no illusion that if it ever came down to a bad situation that HST rounds would change attitudes. That said if these rounds really will penetrate better and cause more damage then why not give it a shot?

To me bullet choice does make a difference but it won't turn me into a Jason Bourne Ninja.