Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nightforce 1-8

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have personally handled the ATACR 1-8, almost a year ago. It is amazing. The trijicon 1-8 is a piece of junk, by comparison. Of course, we're talking about two completely different price points.

I have not seen or touched the NX8, so no comment, other than I will own both of these optics in the near future.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I have personally handled the ATACR 1-8, almost a year ago. It is amazing. The trijicon 1-8 is a piece of junk, by comparison. Of course, we're talking about two completely different price points.

I have not seen or touched the NX8, so no comment, other than I will own both of these optics in the near future.
    It’s only an extra $500....when you’re already spending $1200 I guess I’m of the mind that the expense can be spared.

The weight is an issue: 25oz (Trijicon) vs 17oz (NF). It’s one of the reasons I’m looking for a “daily duty” scope to relegate my higher magnification scope to load testing...same weight as the Trijicon. I realize the PST II is in a different class entirely but it’s about the least expensive low to mid optic with halfway decent glass I’ve found.

I need to figure out if the extra 2x is worth it or if I should pick up an 2.5-10x (the x32 NF are still out there and priced around what the 1-8 Trijicon is and 6oz lighter)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Id love to have one of these...

I'm way overdue for something better then the old pst 1-4..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Id love to have one of these...

I'm way overdue for something better then the old pst 1-4..
    If you sell it let me know!

They’re great little scopes....I’ll put it on my .308 and make it a scout rifle

Downloads
    Uploads
    That EuroOptic price is pretty epic for the ATACR. I'm going to try and remember to send an email to NF when I get back to work this week and see if they have .mil pricing yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'mma get the nx8

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    If you sell it let me know!

They’re great little scopes....I’ll put it on my .308 and make it a scout rifle
    No complaints other then it’s heavy and outdated..but works good..
    Just need some more magnification when shooting groups etc... can’t see tiny bug holes past 50yds it seems..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ordered an ATACR from NF. Initially was told F1 scopes are backed up 90-120 days, but then today the email said it should be within 90 days. In the meantime, hopefully some people at SHOT can take more reticle photos.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A friend of mine who is much more into precision shooting and long range hunting recently got an ATACR. That thing is a BEAST! Great optic, but Lordy it's heavy!Fortunately, it's mission is bench, or tripod shooting!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think we're talking about a different ATACR. There are many models using the ATACR glass. I'm just talking about their new 1-8.

I do have an ATACR 4-16 and it's pretty awesome.