Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Approvals!

Downloads
    Uploads

Approvals!

Put in a form 4 the first week of February 2017. Put a form 1 in for an SBR the first week of March 2017.

Called the ATF for the first time today to check on the status.

Form 4 was approved on December 10 and the Form 1 was approved on December 11. Just waiting for the stamps to arrive!

Both items were submitted via paper with a trust. There were 2 people on the trust, my wife and I.

Hopefully will have my 2 stamper done before Christmas!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats!! 9 or 10 months is pretty good all things considered. I hope the Trust times start to fall.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That’s excited I got two that the checked was cashed in March

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats!
    The long waiting times is one of a couple of reasons I no longer mess with NFA stuff. But if a man/lady has the patience for it, I say God bless 'em, and I'm glad your stamps are on the way!!!

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    A guy on another forum in NC filed three individual F4s in late May and they got approved first week of November. 5 months. Not bad at all

I’m hoping I get mine before Spring

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is my first go at NFA stuff so if I wanted anything, I had to wait.

Downloads
    Uploads

Mailing Time of Stamps After Approval

My form 4 was approved on 12/10 and I got the stamp at my LGS on 12/16. My form 1 was approved on 12/11 and I am still awaiting the stamp in the mail. Just seems odd sparks my curiosity. Any insights from those in the know?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I seem to remember hearing at one point that approved forms from any given examiner start to "stack up" and once the stack gets "too big" (whatever that number may be, sitting in a basket), the forms get collected and go to the mailing person/office. Could be your Form 1 was approved at the beginning of the stack.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I seem to remember hearing at one point that approved forms from any given examiner start to "stack up" and once the stack gets "too big" (whatever that number may be, sitting in a basket), the forms get collected and go to the mailing person/office. Could be your Form 1 was approved at the beginning of the stack.
    I was thinking maybe they only send stuff out 1 or 2 days a week no matter what. But that is just my theory. I was hoping somebody might have the real "answer."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Second stamp finally arrived today. Lower is engraved. Ready to hit the range.

Downloads
    Uploads

So happy I almost peed myself!

After the long wait my Form 1 came back for my SBR to match the stamp that I received last weekend for my Suppressor. As I said, I am so happy I almost peed myself when I finally put everything together tonight.

Before the pics, here's the specs. I put this together to not really be a PDW but more of a CQB, home defense, bug out weapon. Parts were chosen for strength and reliability. Being my first suppressor I wanted something that would be universal and practical so I went with a Saker 7.62 for the ability to switch mounts with the MAAD system and shoot 5.56 or 300 blk. I don't yet have a 300 blk but my next project is to build a 300 blk upper for this lower and then register another SBR lower.

-Mega forged upper and lower with Mega 9" wedgelock M-lok rail
    -Ballistic Advantage 10.3" Hanson profile barrel with pinned gas block (5.56)
    -AIM Surplus Nickel Boron BCG
    -Battle Arms adjustable pistol grip
    -Mil Spec Receiver extension with Magpul SL Stock
    -ALG QMS fire control group
    -Magpul MBUS
    -Vortex Sparc AR mini red dot
    -Silencerco Saker 7.62 suppressor

Already thinking about more NFA items. Another SBR...shorter, lighter can...

Last edited by rxer311; 22 December 2017 at 18:50.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats! Looks great and with great parts. Your enthusiasm is contagious. Maybe I’ll do another form 1....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats. That first sbr and can are quite the thrill. Especially when you shoot 300BLK subs without ear pro.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your 3 threads have all been merged into this one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did a little reconfiguration and decided that I prefer my Meprolight RDS on top of it better. Moved my Sparc AR to another rifle and actually like the Sparc on that rifle better. So a win, win.