Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars

Downloads
    Uploads

Star Wars

So I'm out with my nephew catching the latest flick. That is all

Sent from my Alcatel_5044R using Tapatalk
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    And how was it....

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought it was too long. Some great visuals though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We go tomorrow. RT scored high with the critics (93%). Viewers reviews are mixed, I’m seeing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah it's funny as far as SW movies go. And it reminds me of empire strikes back

Sent from my Alcatel_5044R using Tapatalk
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn’t like it.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads

Star Wars

The cheesy, sometimes flippant, humor and overuse of hopeful transitions detracted from the story. The little progressive sound-bytes felt uninspiring. It lacked the profound mystery and human struggle we get from the originals. But overall I enjoyed the film and would see it again.

It helps me to think of these new films as interpretations of the future rather than the official canon.

Who would have thought lightspeed sliced like lightsabers?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I enjoyed it as did most of my local friends. A few didn’t. Could a movie about “space wizards” fighting with colored laser sticks have plot holes? Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Which ones of you dressed up in costume to go see this? Just curious! LOL!!!!

(I went to the theater the other day and dude! Half the people in there were walking around like it was Halloween)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Which ones of you dressed up in costume to go see this? Just curious! LOL!!!!

(I went to the theater the other day and dude! Half the people in there were walking around like it was Halloween)
    The same amount of people who think .45 is hard to suppress I'm sure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a huge Star Wars fan, but this meme seems to sum up my issues with the latest triology. And even so, my issue isn't against Rian Johnson, as I've liked his previous work, but the overall issue with the story is...."wait, who's that guy?...why is he doing that?" I'd argue a problem created before Mr. Johnson got involved in the project. Technically though, the movie looks great.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A buddy of mine went the other night, his biggest comment was “I have so many questions”.

The few people I know that have seen it, didn’t seem to care much for it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just saw it, been a star wars nerd my whole life was mixed when I saw Disney bought it and was gonna do typical Disney fashion and grab that money... This movie sucked. I felt horrible lying to my son telling him I liked it. Within the first 20 minutes I just wanted it to be over... by the end I felt a part of my soul had been taken

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think people like me who were big Star Wars fans as a kid in the 80's, then got some mediocre Prequels in their 20's are now suffering from Star Wars Fatigue. Way too many movies now.

They should have just done the side story movies first, like Rogue One, and The upcoming Han Solo one. That way you can develop the main story line better, after the prequel disasters they should have thought this through. I haven't seen the Last Jedi, but after The Force Awakens, I couldn't help but think this is just Star Wars for Millenials. Who's who of affirmative action for casting, and of course we have to have a female lead now. I can't blame Disney, you paid big money for Lucas Arts, so you know any movie you release no matter how crappy it is, will generate at least 1 Billion World Wide. Just wondering how long that cash cow is going to last before they completely ruin the franchise. GOD Forbid a REBOOT.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I think people like me who were big Star Wars fans as a kid in the 80's, then got some mediocre Prequels in their 20's are now suffering from Star Wars Fatigue. Way too many movies now.

They should have just done the side story movies first, like Rogue One, and The upcoming Han Solo one. That way you can develop the main story line better, after the prequel disasters they should have thought this through. I haven't seen the Last Jedi, but after The Force Awakens, I couldn't help but think this is just Star Wars for Millenials. Who's who of affirmative action for casting, and of course we have to have a female lead now. I can't blame Disney, you paid big money for Lucas Arts, so you know any movie you release no matter how crappy it is, will generate at least 1 Billion World Wide. Just wondering how long that cash cow is going to last before they completely ruin the franchise. GOD Forbid a REBOOT.
    You are spot on there. I agree.

Hollywood is run by accountants not creative types. It's a huge recycling center.

And above all these movies are outlets for activism, which to me is a huge turn off.