Downloads
    Uploads

Where is the AR308 G2 market?

I’m staring at my AR10 receiver set and thinking, “I don’t want another fat large frame rifle.” Small frame 308 or 6.5CM would give me more fun in 2018. Seems the market is ripe for it, since half of it jumped on the large frame in 2017. But G2 is the future, right?

Anyone making a respectable version worth getting? Mega’s version seems to have died. I would love one designed by SMOS, VSeven, or Lantac (Onyx)?

What are your thoughts?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    I’m staring at my AR10 receiver set and thinking, “I don’t want another fat large frame rifle.” Small frame 308 or 6.5CM would give me more fun in 2018. Seems the market is ripe for it, since half of it jumped on the large frame in 2017. But G2 is the future, right?

Anyone making a respectable version worth getting? Mega’s version seems to have died. I would love one designed by SMOS, VSeven, or Lantac (Onyx)?

What are your thoughts?
    Most companies rather than trying to reinvent the wheel with almost entirely proprietary systems, instead focused on lightening the current large frame platform, such as V Seven and 2A.

Downloads
    Uploads
    On a side note. Too bad Mega didn't bring that SF Frame to market before the ZEV Take over.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought the Gen 2 might get more traction, but it hasn't. I went with a 2A Xanthos set and JP LMOS BGC and I'm down at Gen 2 weights with standard DPMS dimensions. My 18" .308 weighs the same as my 18" .223 Wylde SPR-ish.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m just over here wanting some kind of 308..bigger, fatter...heavier..whatever..lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was under the impression that DPMS made a smaller frame 308. Also didn't know that the small frame MEGA was shut down. Pretty sure I saw some floating around last year but that might just be me imagining things. POF also had something in the works but I don't know what happened to it.

I don't see any major advantages over a small frame 308 v. a large frame and I personally prefer the large frame 308. The weight helps settle the rifle for faster follow up shots, which is why you get a semi-auto 308 in the first place. If I wanted to light weight gun that has a .308 sized bolt face, I would look at bolt action rifles like the Fix, the new Christiensen Arms thingy, or some such similar item.

The Larue PredatOBR is fairly light. I think it has a dry weight around 7.9lbs. Thinking about picking up one in 260 some time in the future, or a standard OBR. Still trying to make up my mind between the two.

I think the LWRC REPR MkII is relativly light weight option as well.