Downloads
    Uploads

Miniature Copy of Trust

In preparation of receiving my stamps next week I decided to make a miniature copy of my trust to keep with my stamps. Since it will most likely be kept in my range bag with gun oil and solvents and other crap I decided to make it more portable and durable. I did not come up with this idea, however, thought I would share if you think this would work for you.

I did all of this at my local Office Max document center.

1. Made double sided copies of my trust at 1/4 page scale.
    2. Laminated double sided copies.
    3. Cut all pages to the same size.
    4. Used a hole punch to punch holes in the left hand upper and lower corners.
    5. Used binding rings to make a small booklet.

Portable and solvent resistant. Still very readable at this scale.

Took picture of the back of the last page with no info as Gatordev pointed out that showing a picture of my trust is a dumbass thing to do.

Last edited by rxer311; 17 December 2017 at 11:07.

Downloads
    Uploads
    FWIW, no one should be asking to see a copy of your trust (other than the ATF). It's a privileged document. You should have a Certificate of Trust which is a separate document that can demonstrate the trust exists as an entity.

Obviously your discretion at showing people your whole trust, but it's not something that I have any desire to share with people.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I deleted the pictures but since this is a trust made by silencerco there are hundreds of other people with the same thing.

I left the instructions there if anybody is interested though.

But thank you for the heads up. That was a pretty ignorant thing to do.
    Last edited by rxer311; 17 December 2017 at 11:03.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why do you think you need a mini copy of your trust?

Downloads
    Uploads
    On this same topic, I am curious as to how many people have ever been asked to produce their tax stamps by law enforcement (of whatever variety)?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't think of a scenario where I'd need a copy of my trust. The less personal documents I carry around the better.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I keep a reduced copy of my trust and a copy of the stamps in a Locsac in my range bag. I transfer it to my hunting pack when hunting. This was recommended by my FFL. Never asked, never produced.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    You should have a Certificate of Trust which is a separate document that can demonstrate the trust exists as an entity.
    This is exactly what my Trust Lawyer said. He provided a Certificate of Trust when he did my Florida Trust (he also "fixed" my Georgia Trust done by the SOT). His take was that should you be pulled over for a traffic infraction (or you are speaking with any LEO for any reason), and the officer sees/inquires/whatever any NFA item you may be transporting or in possession of, the Tax Stamps show that the item(s) are owned by a trust. Without a Certificate of Trust, it would only be your word that you were the Trustee and in legal possession of said item(s).

He said to never carry a full copy of the trust. He seemed reasonably intelligent, so I go with his suggestion.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    This is exactly what my Trust Lawyer said. He provided a Certificate of Trust when he did my Florida Trust (he also "fixed" my Georgia Trust done by the SOT). His take was that should you be pulled over for a traffic infraction (or you are speaking with any LEO for any reason), and the officer sees/inquires/whatever any NFA item you may be transporting or in possession of, the Tax Stamps show that the item(s) are owned by a trust. Without a Certificate of Trust, it would only be your word that you were the Trustee and in legal possession of said item(s).

He said to never carry a full copy of the trust. He seemed reasonably intelligent, so I go with his suggestion.
    This is exactly why I keep a copy of my CoT with my copy of stamps...although it's very possible they're all a mess of blurry, messy ink after my rifle case has been rained on several times, but at least I'm making the effort.

Is your's Mr. Goldman?

@alamo, in FL, there's no requirement to keep the stamps on you, though I make every effort to do that. With the potential prospect of moving to TX in the future, I want to keep the habit up, as I understand that TX is a "must prove" state, if every asked.