Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Considerations of being 'too bright' for indoor use are typically associated with a bright hotspot reflecting off a nearby wall. The XH35 has MaxVision Beam™ that is wide and even absent a hotspot.

A tight hotspot on a 200-300 lumen light is probably just a bright or brighter than XH35 1000 lumen wide MaxVision Beam™ unless pointed at a wall a few inches away.

The MaxVision Beam™ on my 200 lumen Surefire XC1 is very easy on the eyes inside the home. I compared to a Malkoff 80 lumen handheld which has a much brighter and more distracting hotspot inside the home.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 19 December 2017 at 08:11.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I still use an old 200 lumen X300. I don't believe in the more lumens is better in every case. When I worked graves for a number of years and cleared many homes/businesses, I found more lumens hitting walls could affect your own vision indoors.

I still recall using 60 lumen incandescent lights

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    The only downfalls we have experienced from the higher Lumen flashlights being used indoors is battery life, heat and size.
    And night adaptation, if that's important to you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    None of the lights we're talking about here will preserve your night (scotopic) vision. For a white light you're talking about very dim down to sub-lumen output or more using red. I don't know a lot of guys using a WML to preserve their night vision.

I've got a Malkoff MD2 multi-mode with a High/Low Bezel switch. 400 lumens down to sub-lumen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Our workers have said that they have not experienced an issue with that. We try to give them the best equipment for their jobs. They are using a similar light setup to my work lights.

Name:  002CF648-9ACA-4EFD-9D65-2B16D08EBB47.jpeg
Views: 350
Size:  1.80 MB
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    "The only downfalls we have experienced from the higher Lumen flashlights being used indoors is battery life, heat and size."

That's funny, because beyond those I don't think there are really any downfalls left.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Thanks for that super useful critique. I'm sure every single time I've illuminated a sub 300 lumen light inside (especially with dark adapted eyes) and found it more than adequate I've been in the wrong.
    More light allows you to take in more information. How is that not a plus? Don't stare into the hot spot while searching. I regularly use a P3X indoors and have never found it to be excessive.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    "The only downfalls we have experienced from the higher Lumen flashlights being used indoors is battery life, heat and size."

That's funny, because beyond those I don't think there are really any downfalls left.
    And our workers still prefer the increased lumen output to conduct their work, thanks for your input.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't appreciate a huge amount of difference between 300 and 1,000 lumens Indoors. It's there, but not blinding.

Use your non white light eyelid to preserve night vision.

Fuck off the KAC trigger guard. Took forever to get it, and wtf else are you gonna put on a KAC lower?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m guilty of liking the KAC trigger guard also.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I don't appreciate a huge amount of difference between 300 and 1,000 lumens Indoors. It's there, but not blinding.
    That is about the same that our workers have conveyed to procurement. They said in the smaller rooms that their 1,200 lumen lights were brighter than their 320 lumen lights, but not by as much as the lumen number would suggest. Most picked the increased lumens because of throw and spill.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post

Use your non white light eyelid to preserve night vision.

Fuck off the KAC trigger guard. Took forever to get it, and wtf else are you gonna put on a KAC lower?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Hahaha. I have one in use and one in the parts bin. I didn’t even know they were rare when I picked them up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ole HOARDER McStingyPants with all the KAC guards!!!!

There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got a P3X. It's usable inside but if you put it on a light colored wall at 5 feet or less it'll be obnoxiously bright.

P3X is only a 1k lumen flashlight for a few seconds. At 2 minutes it's a 600 lumen flashlight. In comparison, my 300 lumen G2X is still a 300 lumen flashlight after an hour. When comparing bang-zoom high output lights like the P3X it's more about how the light is regulated unless you gots new fresh batteries every time you touch the tail cap. It's like my AAA 300 lumen Titan Plus. It's a 150 lumen flashlight in a matter of seconds.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 19 December 2017 at 18:51.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    And our workers still prefer the increased lumen output to conduct their work, thanks for your input.
    Sorry man, I thought your quote was from the original post that was about the XH35. I'm friggen brain dead today...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.