Downloads
    Uploads

Savage 93R17 “speed unload”

Ok that’s a joke... but seriously, I bought this gun (new) early this year and just got around to shooting it today. It started out as a issue feeding. The bullet would tilt upward too much when the bolt started to push it, then jam. No I did not try to force it, but after a few mags this started happening. So I reckon it’s just a defective mag. Gun only came with one, so presently I cannot compare.

https://youtu.be/qeateF5cutI

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Initially, I had some trouble manipulating the magazine. When fully loaded, the magazine would “release” all of the rounds in an embarrassing, jack-in-the-box manner. After a quick inspection, I simply “pressed” the feed lips down a bit on the shooting bench. Problem solved."

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-accu-trigger/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm... simple enough, I did some looking last night but didn’t come across that. Makes sense, thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KW900A View Post
    Hmm... simple enough, I did some looking last night but didn’t come across that. Makes sense, thanks
    I would still be on the phone to Savage. If it's a known issue they might have a redesigned mag available.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is my intent, prior to any tampering. I’ve never dealt with savage, but my understanding is that they are pretty reputable. I’d like to give them a chance to make it right, or at least make them aware and go from there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Savage finally got back to me the other day. Asked for my mailing address and said they would send me necessary parts. Didn’t elaborate, but I guess they meant new mags. I guess I’ll see when they come...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to update, they sent me a new mag. Same cheesy construction, but put it through the motions without actually firing it and it seems to work. I need to try to pinch the other one a little to see if it’s still fit for use.