Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

CNF (Castle Nut, Forward Controls Design)

CNF (Castle Nut, Forward Controls Design) will be our first new product for 2018. Based mostly on TDP specs, we made some changes to make it more user friendly to install (one time use feature), but more important is the way we modified the staking notches from TDP specs.

Once installed and properly staked in two places (per TM 9-1005-319-23&P), CNF will be harder to loosen without the user's deliberate effort to remove it.

CNF is rather plain in aesthetics, in keeping with our down to earth, non-fashion design policy.

Estimated availability is late January of 2018, we will begin testing prototypes tomorrow.

Sorry, can't post pics, you guys understand CMT again will be making these for us. One thing I learned about Jeff is he delivers on time, if not ahead of schedule, so we may see CNF earlier than we estimate, then we can post pics soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Look forward to seeing this Fancy castle nut.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why you... lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any estimates on price range?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Around $10, MAP will be less. CNC billet machined construction, 4140 PH steel, and black nitride coated.

I know what some folks will say, but we can't bring the price down further, we're not making 50,000 of them at a time

Downloads
    Uploads
    You don't by chance work at the White House, do ya?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like Trump, but I wouldn't want him to be my boss

Downloads
    Uploads
    Most guys here don't mind paying a little extra for a quality part. With the way you are adding parts it wont be to long that you can offer a builders kit. Along the lines of a LPK. One stop shop...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We could offer one in the future when the list is fleshed out. It would be expensive though, and we don't have a non-ambi mag catch, and don't plan on making one, since there's nothing wrong wit the factory non-ambi mag catch, there's no point in making one that just looks different but offers zero utility.

I'd also forego offering triggers. Too many options, and folks don't come to us for triggers, we're constantly trying to sell the Geissele triggers we ordered 2 years ago lol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    We could offer one in the future when the list is fleshed out. It would be expensive though, and we don't have a non-ambi mag catch, and don't plan on making one, since there's nothing wrong wit the factory non-ambi mag catch, there's no point in making one that just looks different but offers zero utility.

I'd also forego offering triggers. Too many options, and folks don't come to us for triggers, we're constantly trying to sell the Geissele triggers we ordered 2 years ago lol.
    I'm in for castle nuts!

I'm sure it doesn't help that Geissele cuts their dealers off at the knees during sales. Can't survive on 0-10% margins.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha I'm glad you said it. This is a common occurrence with them.

Downloads
    Uploads

Exactly. I would add grips and safety selectors to that list as well. Those are the three parts that nobody ever will agree on. I am a huge fan of the Talon and have a pile of selectors in the parts bin for example.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha I'm glad you said it. This is a common occurrence with them.
    I am constantly amazed people do this. Granted I don't own a business and don't rely on cash flow from inventory. But as John Hwang has always told me, once you devalue your product like that, you condition people to wait for sales and won't buy unless it hits a certain number, so in essence you've permanently devalued your product.

Cutting you dealers at the knees also prevents a lot of re-orders from your dealers and the next thing you know, you don't have any dealers.

But I get it, retail right now is tough, with no relief in sight.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Love the nitride addition. For under $10, that’ll sell. And I’m eager to hear about this easier install/staking...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fledge, the one time feature involves serrations on the wrench notches side of the castle nut, and on the circumference. It's a comforting and familiar shape to gun people, so a combination of utility and aesthetics. I want to have serrations there, it's just a choice of what to put there. It does give the CNF a distinctive look, but functionality came first.

Re: staking, we'll give users more position options, and we've made a simple change in the shape of the staking notches as well.

Richard, what John said is true. We ran quite a few sales in 2017, but never anywhere close to the point of undercutting dealers (i.e. giving retail customers better prices than we do our dealers). In 2018, we'll run sales only on federal holidays. No more "here's a sale just because".

I'm not sure if too many notice we don't have a Christmas sale this year after the Thanksgiving sale