Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What are you using to stake?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Auto center punch. I'm not sure if I'd fare better if the tool was different, it was the operator's fault

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try a prick punch, works great for swaging material. https://www.amazon.com/C-S-Osborne-C...ck+punch&psc=1
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The auto punch works pretty well, I don't think it's the tool. If I had used one of these ridiculously priced HK staking tool, my stakes would still turn out looking like ass Practice is what I need

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have one properly staked, but one waiting for a reason to be upgraded. I think your next improvment could be called the FCD/TMM (take my money). Keep findings things I need to upgrade for a reason.

Downloads
    Uploads
    FCD/TMM will take the form of two new projects coming to market soon

Another one will be available soon, but it's not an FCD designed product, we just carry it, it's a part of our SLCF (selectable lower components, Forward Controls) LPK. As many of you know, most of our products are made for us by Wiley Arms. Wiley Arms makes pivot and takedown pins very much to our liking, they conform to our design policy "Elegant Simplicity" and are functionally improved without unnecessary varnishing. The Wiley Arms Pins, Pivot and Takedown are 0.040 longer than TDP spec pins, the 0.040 extra length went to the left side of the pin, while the right side is as flush as can be. When pushed in, the extra length on the left side transforms to longer and easier to grasp pins on the right, all without interfering with ambi safety operations.

Production ready prototype, Wiley Arms pins are machined from 17-4 PH SS bars, these prototype pins are uncoated. Production pins are QPQ finished.

CNF was one of the fastest projects we developed that went from concept to actual products in 3 months, because of the simple changes we made, but mostly because CMT which makes them for us is awesome and super dependable.

CNF is made by Cross Machine Tools for us, we're very grateful for their craftsmanship and support.
    Last edited by Duffy; 6 February 2018 at 07:35.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Roger, did Wiley Arms give you a timeframe for those pins? Those are exactly what I've been looking for.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ETA is 3 weeks, skip the heat treating as they're 17- PH SS, QPQ is unpredictable, but couple of weeks of turn around is what we've seen so far

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice staking job on a CNF

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    ETA is 3 weeks, skip the heat treating as they're 17- PH SS, QPQ is unpredictable, but couple of weeks of turn around is what we've seen so far
    Roger, did I miss the release of the pins?

I'd love to get a set.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Production version for general release was available last week http://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/PWA-040_p_111.html

SLCF (Selectable Lower Components, Forward Controls) is now available on a limited basis. Due to parts shortage from manufacturers (e.g. Super 42 braided spring and buffer kit, our own ABC/R v2), availability can be spotty.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Perfect, thanks for the link!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good that you offer a standard mag catch now in your kit. I’ve had to buy them elsewhere before coming to you for springs and buttons.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll be ordering a set of pins soon. looking good.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd like to add Norgon Ambi-Catch to the mix as well, but it'd further exacerbate the SLCF's availability, I'm going to add Norgon to the mag catch choice once we have the the new shipment from Rainier Arms :)