Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

7.62 Noveske AR Build

I have built several 7.62 ARs for other people over the years. I just have not ever done one for me. Well that all changed when I saw that Noveske started to do DPMS pattern barrels.

I wanted a solid compact 7.62 build. I like the fact that Noveske uses the rifle lenght gas system on the 16" barrel. That with a A5 buffer should make this a very nice shooting rifle. This is going to be a compact rifle yet stil be able to reach out to some decent ranges.

Upper:
    Aero Stripped upper
    Aero upper parts kit
    Noveske 16" rifle gas barrel
    Matched Noveske BCG
    Veltor Charging Habndle
    PRI Gen 3 Handguard
    Troy Sights
    AAC Breakout 2.0
    Bushnell SMRS 1-8.5 in a LaRue 1.93 Mount
    Harris Bipod BRM-S and LaRue LT706 Mount

Lower:
    Aero Stripped Lower
    Aero lower parts kit
    LaRue MBT-2S Trigger
    Vltor 308 A6 Buffer tube
    Aero Rifle lenght Spring
    Aero 308 Carbine Buffer
    DSG QD end Plate
    DSG Receiver Extension Nut
    MagPul MOE +
    Seekins ambi safety
    Veltor EMod

Here is what is started as:

And the final result:

I just finished it today. The Weather is really crappy so I am going to wait to to test fire and Zero it.

Range report to come. :)
    "I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Downloads
    Uploads
    Love the PRI Tube. Has a 308 MK12 vibe to it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have not had a PRI in long time. My wife has had one on her Noveske Recce for about 10 years and don't ever want to change. Because I could not find a full picatinny rail that I liked I went with the PRI. So far I really like it.
    "I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stalking you to catch the scraps drop.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Stalking you to catch the scraps drop.

I do not drop much.......... LOL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, but it's good stuff!

There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks great!

I think you'll find that the Aero 308 carbine buffer is too short for that receiver extension. I don't see an "A6" on Vltor's website, so I'm guessing you have the 6-position RE-10/A5SR extension, which appears to be the "normal" Armalite carbine dimensions. If that's the case, then you need a standard 3.25" AR-15 buffer for the DPMS bolt carrier. The Aero 308 buffer is for the DPMS pattern carbine, which uses the same receiver extension as the AR15 and therefore needs a shorter buffer (2.5" I believe) to accommodate the longer bolt carrier. Keep an eye on the threads around the buffer retaining pin. If the buffer is too short, the BCG will travel rearward more than it's supposed to and bang into the back of your receiver. If you see a hint of damage, that means your buffer is too short and you need to swap out for an AR-15 Carbine buffer. I just went through this when I replaced my Aero Precision carbine receiver extension/buffer assembly for a 2A Armament AR-10 extension.

Why the 1.93" mount? Putting a PEQ on it eventually?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post

Why the 1.93" mount? Putting a PEQ on it eventually?

That was my question also

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    That was my question also
    Yes, As soon as I get another one. It is also the mount I am used to because I always had a PEQ on all of my work guns.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Doc, Have you got an ajustable GB on this sweet build? Any idea if I need one on the Midwest Industries 16” .308 with Mid-gas Criterion barrel? I’m planning on always using my Recce 7 on it.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Doc, Have you got an ajustable GB on this sweet build? Any idea if I need one on the Midwest Industries 16” .308 with Mid-gas Criterion barrel? I’m planning on always using my Recce 7 on it.
    No adjustable gas block. Just the standard Noveske pinned gas block. I would guess you would have to try it out and see. I am not a huge fan of adjustable gas blocks. I would rather do something else to adjust the system; bugger, spring, BCG weight, etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahh, well too late for me. Just got back from the FFL and left it with them to install an SLR adj GB. I can always put the original back on later.

Curious how you adjust a “bugger?”
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Curious how you adjust a “bugger?”
    Are you referring to a British gentleman that likes little boys?

Downloads
    Uploads
    When I spoke to someone over at Criterion they said there a no reason for an adjustable gas block on there barrels. They also strongly recommended not pinning the gas block. From talking to BA, Battle Arms Developement and Criterion all of them suggested no adjustable gas block, all said their gas ports were properly sized just use the right buffer weight and fine tune it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaur View Post
    When I spoke to someone over at Criterion they said there a no reason for an adjustable gas block on there barrels. They also strongly recommended not pinning the gas block. From talking to BA, Battle Arms Developement and Criterion all of them suggested no adjustable gas block, all said their gas ports were properly sized just use the right buffer weight and fine tune it
    Of course, the best way to "fine tune it" is with an adjustable gas block.