Downloads
    Uploads

First Time Shooting Suppressed!

I have had my new suppressor and SBR for a few weeks but with all the busy holiday stuff and being busy at work I haven't been able to get out to the range. Today, it was less than 20 degrees out here in Pennsylvania and there was snow on the ground. But, I finally made it out to the range.

I built this baby up myself and and super happy now that it all came together.

Did a 25 yard zero as per the calculator that voodoo_man linked me to was telling me my ideal zero range would be 27 yards. It was freezing, but it was a great day at the range. Easily zeroed my Aimpoint and back up sights. No malfunctions, everything worked great

This is the first time I shot suppress and was surprised. I was expecting all sorts of gas in my face from the suppressed SBR, but aside from a dirty rifle and dirty hands, it was a very pleasant rifle to shoot. No gas in the face. Virtually no recoil (even though it is overgassed now even with a wolff extra power spring and H1 buffer). I will probably try an H2 buffer next time out.

Very fun to shoot!

Last edited by rxer311; 3 January 2018 at 14:18.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats man! Now just be aware that you will want to suppress everything from now on...LOL!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your Mega SBR looks pretty close to mine. Well done.

Once the novelty wears off, you'll be crying from the gas in your face.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Your Mega SBR looks pretty close to mine. Well done.

Once the novelty wears off, you'll be crying from the gas in your face.
    I'll take that as a compliment!

But honestly, I didn't notice any extra gas in my face. Just really dirty rifle and hands!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds fun and looks cold....

I still have not shot anything suppressed..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post

That's probably a good thing... saves you money too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rxer311 View Post
    I have had my new suppressor and SBR for a few weeks but with all the busy holiday stuff and being busy at work I haven't been able to get out to the range. Today, it was less than 20 degrees out here in Pennsylvania and there was snow on the ground. But, I finally made it out to the range.

I built this baby up myself and and super happy now that it all came together.

Did a 25 yard zero as per the calculator that voodoo_man linked me to was telling me my ideal zero range would be 27 yards. It was freezing, but it was a great day at the range. Easily zeroed my Aimpoint and back up sights. No malfunctions, everything worked great

This is the first time I shot suppress and was surprised. I was expecting all sorts of gas in my face from the suppressed SBR, but aside from a dirty rifle and dirty hands, it was a very pleasant rifle to shoot. No gas in the face. Virtually no recoil (even though it is overgassed now even with a wolff extra power spring and H1 buffer). I will probably try an H2 buffer next time out.

Very fun to shoot!

Looks great! Built in handwarmer; just dump half a mag and hold the suppressor for a little while. Instant finger thaw!

What type of barrel/gas block are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post

Come on down! Although UWone is right. You are saving a lot of money by not opening Door Number (Class) III.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Looks great! Built in handwarmer; just dump half a mag and hold the suppressor for a little while. Instant finger thaw!

What type of barrel/gas block are you using?

Come on down! Although UWone is right. You are saving a lot of money by not opening Door Number (Class) III.
    Its a Ballistic Advantage Performance Series Hanson 10.3" with pinned gas block.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Basically separated at birth!

Name:  5S3A6390.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  2.35 MB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Basically separated at birth!

Name:  5S3A6390.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  2.35 MB
    I actually have that stock as well. I go back and forth with it though. I seem to like the larger sl stock, though.