Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Geissele Automatics 2018 SHOT SHOW New Product Q&A

Downloads
    Uploads
    You need skip over to about the 18 minute mark before the actual video starts.

SSP Trigger, MK16 Upper were the highlights for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

Same for me. Pretty cool to see them expanding to bolt triggers also. I really appreciate their desire for perfection in everything they do.
    Graphic Designer
    Instagram: @EO3actual

Downloads
    Uploads

I really want that URG-I upper. Price is reasonable, wish I could find pics of it in action overseas though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Best part was seeing Bill's reaction to the Glock triggers comment.

Any cloners going to do a URGI build?
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    I really want that URG-I upper. Price is reasonable, wish I could find pics of it in action overseas though.
    Actually, IMHO the price was the worst part about it. I don't think it's reasonable at all. Other than the handguard, what's it bringing to the table that's not already available in the market? Certainly not the DD barrel or the pinned 3 prong SF flash hider.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in for a Rem 700 trigger, I missed the MSRP was it $250 I think?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually, IMHO the price was the worst part about it. I don't think it's reasonable at all. Other than the handguard, what's it bringing to the table that's not already available in the market? Certainly not the DD barrel or the pinned 3 prong SF flash hider.
    It was hard to see, but I swear I caught a glimpse of a normal M4 profile barrel under the rail, and since it's a DD barrel, that would make sense. Have we not progressed passed that? Noveske and KAC have been running tapered barrels for years now. I'm surprised SOCOM didn't change that (if what I saw was correct). Hopefully what I saw was an illusion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can get upper without CH, BCG and muzzle device for sub $1k at brownells pre-order.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    You can get upper without CH, BCG and muzzle device for sub $1k at brownells pre-order.
    That's still expensive. You can pay full retail for a DD barrel, the mk14 handguard (yes I know the mk16 isn't available separately), and a colt stripped upper for a couple hundred less.

A BCM mcmr complete upper with hammer forged barrel, ch and bcg is under $900 without a pinned muzzle device.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    I want one... but that's a $700 URG for $1379.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Remington 700 trigger and his talk about 1911s were the most interesting parts for me.

Trying to get eyeballs on a 260rem gasser at some point in the future as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually, IMHO the price was the worst part about it. I don't think it's reasonable at all. Other than the handguard, what's it bringing to the table that's not already available in the market?
    I want one... but that's a $700 URG for $1379.
    I was pretty shocked when I heard the price. I was thinking maaaybe 8/900 ... but 1379??

Speaking of the rail - at least the price of the URG will likely minimize people from buying the URG to flip the MK16.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Speaking of the rail - at least the price of the URG will likely minimize people from buying the URG to flip the MK16.
    I wouldn't be surprised if there was some calculus to this to back up what you're saying. Based on the very little I know about another certain Block X rail, protecting the thing that everyone wants by putting the rest of the product a bit above market makes it harder to get your hands on what "everyone" wants.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if there was some calculus to this to back up what you're saying. Based on the very little I know about another certain Block X rail, protecting the thing that everyone wants by putting the rest of the product a bit above market makes it harder to get your hands on what "everyone" wants.
    Hmmm - I actually never even thought of that haha. That's a good point.