Downloads
    Uploads

First Outing Report - MI 308

Brief tropical MN January temp (+39) got me to the range yesterday. The hammer pin holes on the lower seem to be slightly out of alignment. I could not get either an SSA-E or SD-C pin through. Yes, I have installed many G’s prior. But the drop-in Lantac E-CT1 went in easy peasy. I used the 1-5 XTR2 that came with the swap figuring it would have some kind of zero to get me on paper @ 50 yards. My aged fingers don’t like the cold no more and I wanted to also try the latest fix for problem child 5.45 AR and fine tune the zero on an SBR.

After a few shots finding the adjustable sweet spot for the SLR block with Recce 7 she was consistant center low an inch at 50, so a roughly 100 yd zero. I didn’t stick around for trophy groups - shiver factor. I’ll change to a 25 zero when it warms up. I’m not going for a long range precision with the 3.5 lb trigger so the TR20 3-9 will go on after all. The SSA-E will wait for a 6.5 Creedmoor down the line. I was impressed with both the scope and trigger though I still would not trust any drop-in for a go-to defense gun.

Had fun with the only other shooter. Turns out he is the sane age and grew up 10 blocks from me. We went to the same JHS. He had his first AR and was thrilled to shoot the 308 w/can and Sionics 11.5” SBR. Spent half the 4 hours yakking and he gave me some good reloading info.

Attachment 4800
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    P.S. I was amazed at the difference in recoil from my army M-14. This is a puddy tat.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode