Downloads
    Uploads

Omega 9K mounting question

All my direct thread on fixed barrel experience is with the Griffin taper mounts. The Omega 9K components sold separately have me confused. For a Glock it is clear I need mount/piston/spring. But for direct thread on an AR (300BLK & 9mm) do I just use the mount alone? Do I need the fixed spacer too? Or is the fixed spacer only to be used with piston for a fixed barrel sub-gun?

Pic of parts:
    Attachment 4848
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    The spacer is only for using the piston assembly without the spring. It basically creates a direct thread mount out of the piston assembly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So there are two methods of direct thread mounting? Or do rifle and sub-gun both use piston with spacer?
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    If the thread pitch is the same there is really no difference. I use the direct thread whenever possible mainly due to carbon building up on the piston that has to be cleaned before they function with the spring. Piston/spring combos allow the suppressor to function on firearms with moving barrels. If it has a fixed barrel no recoil booster is needed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks. I am at 95% clear. Knock out that last wisp of fog by agreeing with these statements: I can mount the 9K on 300BLK SBR using only what comes in the box - mount and can. And just buy a 1/2x28 mount for my CZ EVO 9mm pistol.

Why would anyone use the piston and spacer if they didn't need to?

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can direct thread the 9k to your 300 barrel with what comes in the box.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks guys. I know I sound kinda anal here, but with the cost of Omega options I didn’t want to blow $$$ needlessly. My equally cluless LGS already sold me the spacer I don’t need. Luckily I did not open it so will exchange for a 9mm DI mount for the second 9K in the queue.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Thanks. I am at 95% clear. Knock out that last wisp of fog by agreeing with these statements: I can mount the 9K on 300BLK SBR using only what comes in the box - mount and can. And just buy a 1/2x28 mount for my CZ EVO 9mm pistol.

Why would anyone use the piston and spacer if they didn't need to?
    If you need multiple sizes pistons are cheaper. If you can get them in the thread pitch you need. And it’s really remnants of the pistol technology and adapting those cans to fixed barrel weapons.