Downloads
    Uploads

Gen 4 Trigger options

What trigger is everyone running ? I’m running an overwatch TAC in one and its miles better then stock but always open to new or other ideas..

Any and all input welcome.. For a gen-4-g17

How is the Arsenal democracy trigger?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I only have one Glock, a Gen-4 21 in 45 ACP. I purchased it used from a local LEO who said it had less than 50 rounds through it. Came with six magazines, Wolf threaded barrel, night sights, all the removed factory parts, and a Johnny Glocks carry trigger that averages 4 pounds. I haven't had many opportunities to fire other after market triggers in either the M&P or Glock versions, so I'm certainly not the opinion to trust. Having said that, I really like the trigger. Smooth, clean break, positive reset. Others may be better, but this one will not get changed out.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    better trigger for a gen4?

get a gen5.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^Hehehe. Yeah I stripped down the stock one on my G4-17. Polished it up real good with Flitz, used 1000 grit SP and a little oil to smooth down the rough spots as well. Sanded down that square faced trigger safety and now its butter smooth. For $10 It was well worth it. Now that I got it working great I just cant see dropping a buck and a half on an aftermarket one...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    better trigger for a gen4?

get a gen5.
    I heard the gen 5 has a better ootb trigger.

Now after using a flat trigger I just hate the stock safety/Orem Glock trigger shoe.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    I heard the gen 5 has a better ootb trigger.

Now after using a flat trigger I just hate the stock safety/Orem Glock trigger shoe.
    The gen5 trigger is the best oem glock trigger by a very wide margin.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    The gen5 trigger is the best oem glock trigger by a very wide margin.
    +1 on this...far better than Gen 3 or 4 stock triggers, even with polishing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    What trigger is everyone running ? I’m running an overwatch TAC in one and its miles better then stock but always open to new or other ideas..

Any and all input welcome.. For a gen-4-g17

How is the Arsenal democracy trigger?
    I’ve got a Overwatch also and like it fairly well. The Arsenal has grooves in it’s face, some like that some don’t. I’m gonna try a trigger from Tactical Triggers next time.

https://www.tacticaltriggers.com

5E2A920B-5E3E-470F-92AB-43126094E822.jpeg
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't own one but all the reviews I have read so far say they are pretty comparable to a lot of aftermarket stuff without braking the bank.
    http://occustomtriggers.com/Gen4-G17...3plqscsfapp004
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok..Humm the gen 5 looks good and all but the cutout in the 19 bugs me and my pinky-grip.

Gost- those triggers have been on my radar as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was an early Agency adopter, they reprofile the plunger nub on the trigger bar to take away the take up. This makes for a smooth pull without feeling a wall if used with a minus connector.

I then tried Apex on a stock trigger bar(bought just the shoe and installed it on the stock trigger bar. . Wide face which is find I like especially shooting single handed. It let's me get my whole knuckle in there. When paired with a minus connector it's a smooth pull but you definitely hit a wall and then trigger pressure ramps up. Mine (sample size of one) does this weird thing when it's out of battery where the trigger safety sticks out as if cocked.

I next when to Overwatch with their Tac/dat(whichever one that has the hook at the base). Paired with their np3 coated minus connector it created a smooth pull with minimal take-up but still felt a wall before break. When shooting fast I never seem to notice the wall. The OP combines the best features of the Agency and the apex. Wide face thought not as wide as Apex, smooth pull and easy shooting.

Recently took a MDTS/April Risk Consulting class and got to try out the Overwatch Falx. Initially I thought I wouldn't like it because its curved and felt too much like the stock glock trigger without the trigger safety protruding when pulled. Because this class was more focused on how to shoot fast with less emphasis on accuracy (targets at 3&5 yards) I really dug how well the trigger kept up with 2 tenths of a second splits. It became my favorite trigger but still suffered from the WALL.

So recently got a. Chance to buy a glock 17 that had been milled by ATEI with a type 2 rmr, for a great deal and the previous owner had installed a ghost Evo 4.5 connector. That connector with falx trigger is in my mind the perfect trigger for me. Super smooth pull, no wall crisp break.. Everything people at Arsenal Democracy claim about their switch trigger that I now want to try.

That being said I wholeheartedly encourage you to test out your combo. Because of the loose tolerance of glock parts I noticed difference in shooting characteristics when shooting with one g17 and then with the same lower frame attached to a different stock glock slide.

There seems to be a lot of hype around the Arsenal Democracy switch trigger that has me interested since they smooth out and spend time on the actual trigger bar. Not even Overwatch does that. They just np3 a stock trigger bar so it may still have tooling marks on its contact surfaces. I want to try one for sure but not too worried about selling it if I don't like it.

Lastly consider clearance issues. I have a lone wolf Timberwolf frame that will not take a Apex trigger because it's too wide. Not sure how some of these triggers work in a polymer 80 frame.

Hope this helps. Again I have big hands and my trigger finger position changes depending on how I shoot. If using both hands with a solid grip I use just the pad. When shooting single handed my first knuckle is on the trigger. Because of this is why certain triggers feel better for me. It's almost like holsters you gotta figure out what's good for you.

I kind of now want to take a stock glock trigger and grind away the part of the trigger safety that sticks out when depressed to see if it feels much different than the falx. If not then this maybe my go to trigger.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk