Downloads
    Uploads

Magpul Industries Suppressor Cover

https://www.magpul.com/products/supp...=&utm_content=

Name:  Magpul.png
Views: 2399
Size:  892.2 KB

Product Details

The Magpul Suppressor Cover - 5.5” is the first product of its kind able to stand up to the extreme temperatures caused by extended strings of semiautomatic and automatic fire to protect the user and equipment against burns while also speeding up the cooling process. Constructed of a heat-resistant polymer sleeve overlaid onto a raised stainless steel heat shield that mounts directly to the suppressor body with steel clamps, the Magpul Suppressor Cover - 5.5” minimizes heat transfer to keep external cover temperatures up to 1000 degrees F cooler than the surface of the suppressor and allows cooling airflow across the can. Additionally, it serves as an enhanced thermal insulator and signature reduction device, significantly mitigating mirage distortions to the shooter’s sight picture, reducing the likelihood of impact damage to the suppressor body, and lessening the chance of accidental heat-related injury or damage to personnel or equipment during weapon firing and cool down. Optimized for 1.5” outer diameter round suppressors with a body length of approximately 5.5” (not including attachment hardware / interface) such as the Surefire SOCOM556-RC2. Other lengths are in the works and are coming soon.

Made in U.S.A.

FEATURES

Extreme temperature protection that mitigates internal suppressor temperatures to safe levels
    Minimizes retained heat, allowing faster cooling than any other suppressor cover technology
    Reduces thermal signature of host firearm
    Mitigates mirage effects in sight picture
    Two stainless steel clamps provide a strong, rigid and reliable interface capable of sustained firing sessions and rough handling
    High temp polymer sleeve withstands brutal suppressor temperatures during extended periods of firing without deterioration
    High strength corrosion resistant stainless steel heat shield

Specs

Weight: 9.6oz
    Outer Diameter (OD): 2.5"

Name:  Magpul2.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  248.4 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    That air gap is pure genius. Hope the right lengths for mine come out soon.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    9.6oz?????

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    9.6oz?????

Gotta be a typo or they won’t sell a one.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stainless isn’t known for being low weight. Ridiculously large diameter plus that weight looks like a fail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That does seem heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    So it's a metal reinforced fleshlight

Downloads
    Uploads
    The suppressor cools down faster with the cover than without, according to Liptak. This was the product of a SOCOM solicitation, so the design reflects that. Not sure this the right product for us civilians that don't need the ability to do multiple back-to-back mag dumps. Liptak has said they would consider a lighter, less capable version, but that's still just a thought right now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like a beer can in a koozie attached to the end of a rifle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    The suppressor cools down faster with the cover than without, according to Liptak. This was the product of a SOCOM solicitation, so the design reflects that. Not sure this the right product for us civilians that don't need the ability to do multiple back-to-back mag dumps. Liptak has said they would consider a lighter, less capable version, but that's still just a thought right now.
    Thermal mirage can get bad even while shooting at a low rate of fire depending on cartridge.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sak007 View Post
    Thermal mirage can get bad even while shooting at a low rate of fire depending on cartridge.
    While very true, I'm not sure that's an issue with the Surefire SOCOM cans that this cover was designed to fit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    While very true, I'm not sure that's an issue with the Surefire SOCOM cans that this cover was designed to fit.
    I may be misunderstanding your post, but my full-size 5.56 cans can start creating enough mirage to hinder a magnified view fairly quickly with slow fire, especially in the summer. My Mini lasts a lot longer since obviously it has less surface area to radiate from.

Regardless, at 10oz...pass. I'm surprised that was acceptable with any kind of contract for those that would be using suppressors operationally.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I may be misunderstanding your post, but my full-size 5.56 cans can start creating enough mirage to hinder a magnified view fairly quickly with slow fire, especially in the summer. My Mini lasts a lot longer since obviously it has less surface area to radiate from.
    Sure, I've experienced that myself with my cans; however, this issue can be overcome by much lighter covers for most of us on the civilian said, is my opinion, and my main point. The Magpul cover offers a capability that no other known cover offers, at the expense of excessive weight; it is my contention that most of us do not need that capability, so this product isn't necessarily the right product for most of us, given its heavy weight.

I personally run WarSport Suppressor Socks. I'll probably pick up a Magpul just to try out, but I'm not going all in on it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think we're on the same page. Which continues to beg the question as to why this is a commercially viable product. And yeah, I don't expect you (or anyone here) to answer that question.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I see it commercially viable for precision shooting.