Just to let Uwone77 know I am not talking specifically about Griffin Armament here My product fanboy status is already established.

What I do want to discuss is the type of suppressors mentioned in this video. In the video they are called "GP" suppressors.

I know this idea is nothing new. Been around for many moons I'm sure, long before I ever got into the NFA world.

My thoughts on that type of can now that I have some experience under my belt is that it could be extremely viable. Let's be honest. Once I suppressed my first gun, I wanted to suppress everything. I'm sure many of you know exactly what I mean.

Likewise the first time I pulled the trigger and got down on an SBR I liked that too. Now my SBR is tied for first for my most shot gun. What I don't like about SBR's though is all the hassles to take one out of state. In my case I have found that I will run it will a suppressor 100% of the time anyway. Hence the idea to just pin and weld the can. As far as I know I could then take the gun to any suppressor friendly state and not have to worry.

Honestly I don't drive out of state a whole lot, but if I ever do it would be nice to have a truck gun that I can carry along. It will effectively will be a suppressed SBR but for paperwork purposes it won't be. Just goes to show you how stupid the NFA is. My mind is officially blown about how idiotic the laws are about these things.

I don't know but it just seems like it would be another good option to have 'just in case' I ever decide to drive from Texas to Idaho. I could do a suppressed 12.5 or 13.5" bolt gun in .308, or an AR10 SBR equivalent, or any number of other things.

Obviously I've never done it before but it does seem like it could have some distinct advantages, especially if I ever take a road trip or something, or if I want to make a specialty gun of some sort.

All that being said, what's the downside? Anything? How big of a pain in the ass is it to unpin and unweld if you ever need to change barrels? What happens if your gas block comes loose or your gas tube has a problem or something like that? You wouldn't be able to get your handguard off to fix it if it was too narrow. Anything I'm not seeing or catching here?