Downloads
    Uploads

Glock Slide Milling

Okay ... I priced out a G41 MOS with a new barrel (for lead reloads) suppressor height sights and an RMR

Decided I can have my G21 slide milled, buy an RMR, and suppressor sights, all for less than the cost of the G41 alone.

One place I found looked pretty interesting. Anyone use Jagerwerks or have any insight into their work? They have great reviews posted, but those are easily controlled.

http://jagerwerks.com/glock-trijicon-rmr/

I know, once it is milled, there is no turning back.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got 2 G19's with Jagerwerks slides. They do good work. Haven't seen any of their .45 slides though first hand.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jagerwerks is good to go. One of the established leaders. I have one slide from them. UW has used them too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome - thank you Sir(s) !
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m impressed how affordable the milling + a Vortex Venom is at Jagerwerks. Sounds like the perfect addition to my home defense G19. But a couple questions first.

I have a Gen 4 G19 factory threaded barrel w/tall sights. They still are not high enough to clear over a Rev 9 can.Can the red dot be shimmed to mount a tiny bit higher?

Does anyone just leave off the iron sights? They are faily useless with the suppressor and I would zero w/o the can and then so what if it was just on the top edge of the tube? I would have the milling in front of the dovetail in case I changed my mind.
    “What in the world is a moderate interpretation of a constitutional text? Halfway between what it says and what we'd like it to say?" -Antonin Scalia

Downloads
    Uploads
    The RDS experts will need to answer your questions Uffdaphil ... I'm in over my head just thinking about this

I would love to have some input on which RMR to select. I know I want a reasonably sized dot. A six MOA dot would cover about 1.5" at 25 yards (too big?) but a three MOA dot would only cover about 3/4" at 25, and smaller at defensive ranges - 15 yards or less.

For the RDS shooters here, what size dot do you prefer and why?
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

Downloads
    Uploads
    Jerry, I used to have a 3.25 RMR on an AR pistol. But that was intended to cover out to 200 yards. If you are only using your G21 for target shooting I would get that size. For high stress, short range defensive purposes I think the six is far preferable.

Thinking some more about my situation I expect the dot being just under the top level of the suppressor won’t matter for a quick shot at a baddie close up. Just sighting along the top of the can now gives 4” groups close in.
    “What in the world is a moderate interpretation of a constitutional text? Halfway between what it says and what we'd like it to say?" -Antonin Scalia

Downloads
    Uploads
    Something to keep in mind is that the sights still work even if they're covered by the can. Sure, for bulls-eye shooting it will impact accuracy some, but I'm sure you could still score at least in the 80's on a B8 at 25y. Closer in, it will matter less. Since the irons would be secondaries anyway, I don't really seeing it a huge deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    The RDS experts will need to answer your questions Uffdaphil ... I'm in over my head just thinking about this

I would love to have some input on which RMR to select. I know I want a reasonably sized dot. A six MOA dot would cover about 1.5" at 25 yards (too big?) but a three MOA dot would only cover about 3/4" at 25, and smaller at defensive ranges - 15 yards or less.

For the RDS shooters here, what size dot do you prefer and why?
    Nowhere near a RDS expert on a hand gun, but the last month and a half I've run 2K rounds between a T-1 2 MOA on my G17 and a RM-06 on my G19. Personally, I like the smaller dot on these optics. I can shoot B8s at 25y without issue but then also run the gun in a more dynamic scenario closer in fairly quickly (I'm still slower on dot acquisition, but that's a training issue). Would a bigger dot work? Yup, but I appreciate the smaller dot for finer accuracy when I need/want it.

Take it for what it's worth...just a guy on the internet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay RDS Gurus ... Trijicon RMR (RM06) with a 3.25 dot or a Leupold DeltaPoint Pro with a 2.5 dot?

Currently the same street price, window size appears the same. Pros / cons / opinions appreciated.

I'm watching Youtube videos comparing them, just need to decide. I like not having to remove the DeltaPoint to replace the battery, but Trijicon claims about a 4 year battery life.

Edit ... apparently (per youtube) the DeltaPoint has a larger window.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well ... halfway done. Slide is back from JagerWorks.

NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm waiting to see how the ACRO shakes out.
    The Jagerwerks cut they teased on Instagram looked slick.