Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I give up

Downloads
    Uploads

I give up

I didn’t think I was stupid, but now I’m starting to wonder. Can someone please walk me through how to post pictures. I used to use photobucket like everyone else. I have tried google, Flickr, and Imgur and cannot for the life of me figure out how in the hell to post an image with any of them. I’ve read through some older threads on this, but I’m at a total loss here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I downloaded tapatalk and can seem to attach them through here. So that is sufficient enough for me I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Flicker doesn't seem to work from the mobile app anymore.

Oddly, my photobucket app still works, although I've paid to use it for several years. The hosting works better for my needs and I post maybe a pic a day on average.

It's funny how people used a service to make money and then bitched up a storm because photobucket wanted in on it. Nevermind the increased bandwidth as a result of successful businesses. Everybody wants to leech, and bitch when the tit dries up. They don't get that they caused it.
    Last edited by Joelski; 4 February 2018 at 07:56.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use imgur photo hosting but you can also click the Forum Insert Image button and select the pic from your computer.

imgur

Insert Image button

Name:  J4xLNfs.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  802.5 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had been using that feature. But it quit attaching a few days ago.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use Imgur now. Click on the photo you uploaded into your imgur app. An icon appears at the bottom. Click it and select copy link. Then paste link here with [img] code around it. Tapatalk provides that code under the + button next to a reply window.

Once you know how, it’s fast. And you can control your pics, unlike tapatalk uploads.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  IMG_3388 winston asleep.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  1.11 MB

Just ran a test for quick and easy photo insertions.

I clicked the "Insert Image" icon - picture of a tree in the second row of icons in the message block. Clicked "From Computer" Clicked "Browse" ... navigated to the photo I wanted to post, selected it, then clicked "Upload File(s)" under the "Browse" button.

Seemed to work had to try it because I don't usually do it this way.

I normally upload photos to my album on WEVO, or use Flickr. On those hosting sites I just do a Copy / Paste of the BB Code directly into the message.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post

Just ran a test for quick and easy photo insertions.

I clicked the "Insert Image" icon - picture of a tree in the second row of icons in the message block. Clicked "From Computer" Clicked "Browse" ... navigated to the photo I wanted to post, selected it, then clicked "Upload File(s)" under the "Browse" button.

Seemed to work had to try it because I don't usually do it this way.

I normally upload photos to my album on WEVO, or use Flickr. On those hosting sites I just do a Copy / Paste of the BB Code directly into the message.
    Is there a file size limit on that or something? The post of the scope in classifieds, I tried to upload 3 pictures. I could only upload 2, and haven’t been able to get any to upload since. It will go through the motions, but will not actually post.

Thanks joelski, I will fool around with imgur some more. I know PB had the handy post image link. I copied the link in Flickr and put the IMG tags around it but it didn’t like it. Also I used the tree icon on here and tried posting the url but it wanted a .jpeg extension or something similar.

When I got the link from imgur it looked the same with no extension, so I assumed it wouldn’t work either, but never tried it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Imgur used to work for me from my iPad, but something changed and no longer. The tree icon works to post from my photo library most of the time here. But only thumbnails with the same format on M4C.

Test post now via tree:
    Attachment 4905

Success! My favorite bike in 50+ years of riding. Though mine was green.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    So annoying.

Tree icon, add file, upload. Nothing. Window goes away and there is no attachment

It WAS working

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KW900A View Post
    So annoying.

Tree icon, add file, upload. Nothing. Window goes away and there is no attachment

It WAS working
    That is exactly how it malfunctions for me. Later it starts working again. No idea why.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, at least I’m not the only one then. I just tried it a half a dozen times with no luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think tapatalk has a default limit of 50 images. you can go into your account setup and see what you've uploaded and delete old ones from there. It's a bandwidth protection for the hosting server for the site.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok. Imgur works. Thanks joelski

Downloads
    Uploads
    The site upload has a size limit. If you crop just a slight amount off a iPhone pic it loads. Just disappears at the native size.