I'm going to preface this by saying I am using the included shims and following the instructions from the manufacturer...

But for those of you with far more experience than me (which is a fairly low bar, BTW), my question is thus: why can't I use a simple crush washer with the flash hider mount?

I've read about how a crush washer doesn't always compress evenly and may therefore leave the mount angled and increase the chance of a baffle strike. I get that the manufacturer can tell me to go pound salt if I don't use the recommended install method and then have an issue. But with the tight tolerances for threads on both the barrel and the suppressor mount, plus the precision with which the suppressor fits on the mount, it seems to me that any slight variation in "crush evenness" from a crush washer would be immaterial given that the barrel/mount mating surfaces serve to keep everything in alignment and would override any slight variation in pressure at the rear of the mount imparted by a crush washer.

What am I missing here?