Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I went into a LGS and bought every PMAG they had in stock except 1. Some poor guy was talking to another salesman on the phone as I was checking out, and was asking if they had 10 in stock. Felt bad for him/her, actually.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    In a big shocker, it appears that Trump has shifted his stance on Firearms.

Again, make sure you're prepared for anything coming down the pipe. I haven't notice a run yet, but I have noticed a few more people at the local shops around here buying mags and lowers.
    All I've seen him say is: “We are going to be very strong on background checks, and put a very strong emphasis on the mental health of somebody" plus that his administration would look “very strongly at the option for concealed carry at schools". And he appears to be willing to offer up bump stocks. Aren't all of these positions supported by the NRA, too?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    All I've seen him say is: “We are going to be very strong on background checks, and put a very strong emphasis on the mental health of somebody" plus that his administration would look “very strongly at the option for concealed carry at schools". And he appears to be willing to offer up bump stocks. Aren't all of these positions supported by the NRA, too?
    Look how the NRA has failed us in WA State.

I see it differently. Trump appears to be ok with some incremental infringements. Having the ATF rule on bump stocks, and today anything that increases the rate of fire for a semi-auto. He also signaled a willingness to increasing the age to buy a rifle from 18 to 21. We all know "enhanced background" checks is a made up feel good term. Trump is so wishy washy, can you trust anything he says on social issues?

Dems will scream you don't care about the children all through the mid-terms and 2020.

All I'm saying is, just be prepared. I think the last 10 years of "nothing happening" to your gun rights has a chance to change.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We all know "enhanced background" checks is a made up feel good term. Trump is so wishy washy, can you trust anything he says on social issues?

All I'm saying is, just be prepared. I think the last 10 years of "nothing happening" to your gun rights has a chance to change.
    Bingo

Downloads
    Uploads

I see it differently. Trump appears to be ok with some incremental infringements. Having the ATF rule on bump stocks, and today anything that increases the rate of fire for a semi-auto. He also signaled a willingness to increasing the age to buy a rifle from 18 to 21. We all know "enhanced background" checks is a made up feel good term. Trump is so wishy washy, can you trust anything he says on social issues?

Dems will scream you don't care about the children all through the mid-terms and 2020.

I'm with you. He's hard to nail down. Best case is he is successfully redirecting the "we gotta do something" sentiment to things that are generally already in place but broken (background checks).

I am reflecting on the purchases I might want to make over the next year or so to avoid having regrets later. I'm most concerned that WA does something that forces me to have to move out. After living in both Chicago and NY, Washington actually feels like paradise.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We have to stay in the fight. But I can’t say Trump is doing poorly here until something is implemented. I see him putting options on the table for negotiations. And negotiations is exactly what the public needs to see. That Dems cry when children get security will expose their own version heartlessness.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I'm with you. He's hard to nail down. Best case is he is successfully redirecting the "we gotta do something" sentiment to things that are generally already in place but broken (background checks).

I am reflecting on the purchases I might want to make over the next year or so to avoid having regrets later. I'm most concerned that WA does something that forces me to have to move out. After living in both Chicago and NY, Washington actually feels like paradise.
    Honestly, this is why since 2015 I've been buying everything on my bucket list as well as magazines with every cent of my disposable income. I don't want to have any regrets when they finally drop the hammer. I see the writing on the wall here. I'd love to stay and retire here. I just don't see it being possible.

I think people forget that Trump was a Democrat until recently. I think he's trying to be Fiscally a Republican, but in his heart for social issues, leans left.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think people forget that Trump was a Democrat until recently. I think he's trying to be Fiscally a Republican, but in his heart for social issues, leans left.
    Precisely. This is why I never trusted him in the first place (as much as I wanted to). I'll go so far as to say, I'm not surprised his stances on this is what it is (as shitty as it is).
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am with holding judgement for the time being.

I know from sad experience that NICS sucks. It's a feel good yet sorry ass system. Trying to 'fix it' in it's current form is throwing good money after bad. The very nature of that system and what they have everyone clinging to like it's the Bible sucks.

On some of this other stuff I think there is a shitload of political posturing going on. People had their hands tipped. They were forced into a corner and had to say something.

We will wait and see how this pans out but I think it will happen before mid terms, so relatively fast. Having been in and around politics since I was young makes me think a little differently about things. Not so much the 'what' but rather the 'how'. Basically I can read politics fairly accurately most of the time.

In the end I think we will wind up with a bill before Congress that will have a mixture of stuff in it and naturally the Dems will oppose the measures as presented. It will be like the whole 41P/F thing. Don't get me wrong or think that I am agreeing with any of this stuff... I just know how politicians weasel around to suck up to do things.

The NRA--they suck. I haven't been a member since I was like 14 or something like that. Back when my dad first ran for political office his opponent voted AGAINST allowing concealed carry in Texas on three separate occasions. Back then they had the same 'the sky is gonna fall' argument about that.

The NRA was actually at the time extremely wishy washy on it, in fact behind the scenes trying to defeat concealed carry in Texas. They not only didn't endorse my dad...(who is very 2A like me)... but the NRA backed and actually endorsed and funded my dad's opponent for the House seat.

The guy voted against concealed carry three times and still got the backing, endorsement, and funding of the NRA. The NRA is slimy at best. They are in it for your monthly donations. They are regularly types to hype shit up to get your money, but when it comes down to it, whatever the political climate is, they wet their finger, see which way the political wind is blowing then come down left of center on WHATEVER issue it is.

Ultimately concealed carry overwhelmed the system and got passed, but it certainly wasn't without serious hesitation and even opposition from the NRA. They have been playing that same two faced game for decades.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No way he is wavering on gun rights. Even Don Jr. Would distance himself. Slight chance second term but doubtful even then. My guess is he’s doing exactly like DACA. Pin it on Congress and their dysfunctional asses will never get anything done. He knows it will go no where. The bump stocks might become an issue if he allows the ATF to interpret the definition of the law. Even in Florida the attempt to legislate AR’s went down in a landslide loss.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    The guy voted against concealed carry three times and still got the backing, endorsement, and funding of the NRA. The NRA is slimy at best. They are in it for your monthly donations. They are regularly types to hype shit up to get your money, but when it comes down to it, whatever the political climate is, they wet their finger, see which way the political wind is blowing then come down left of center on WHATEVER issue it is.
    This is why the entire board needs to go/die off. We need young blood like Adam Kraut on the board to fix the fuck up that is the NRA.

Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    My guess is he’s doing exactly like DACA. Pin it on Congress and their dysfunctional asses will never get anything done. He knows it will go no where.
    Honestly I'm hoping this is the case. Doesn't make any sense that he would actually want to carry through with this - if than for no other reason than reelection purposes.
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn UW, I wouldn't blame the NRA for anything that happens in WA, OR, or CA. They are all so entrenched with solid left wing commies, Moses himself couldn't break that barrier, much less the NRA. Gun owners in those states are at the mercy of slobering left wing nut job politicians. It's the problem that other folks who love living there just have to swallow.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    We're doing FASTER training here in OH. At this point, you have no idea which, if any of the teachers are armed. I think we need to proliferate this training, and have an SRO in every school. Compare the handful of tragic deaths to the 138,000 souls so far this year who will never what life is thanks to planned parenthood. Defund the exact amount it takes to fund those officers. Other than for criminal reasons, or to save a mother's life, abortion should be illegal. There are people dying to adopt a child. We can accomodate that need domestically instead of people having to go damn near bankrupt to answer a calling to adopt a child. After travelling and bribes and legitimate fees, adoption is out of the reach of the average middle class family, for FFS!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    We're doing FASTER training here in OH. At this point, you have no idea which, if any of the teachers are armed. I think we need to proliferate this training, and have an SRO in every school. Compare the handful of tragic deaths to the 138,000 souls so far this year who will never what life is thanks to planned parenthood. Defund the exact amount it takes to fund those officers. Other than for criminal reasons, or to save a mother's life, abortion should be illegal. There are people dying to adopt a child. We can accomodate that need domestically instead of people having to go damn near bankrupt to answer a calling to adopt a child. After travelling and bribes and legitimate fees, adoption is out of the reach of the average middle class family, for FFS!
    Joelski,

While armed teachers would help, in theory, they are still a reactive alternative. Much mayhem could be done in the 2 or 3 minutes it might take them to get eyes on the criminal, and it's hard to fight a determined scumbag with a Glock, vs. scumbags AR or AK. I think a better solution would be, in addition to the armed teachers, highly trained armed guards would be a major deterrent. I'm not talking mall cops. Spend the tax dollars for decent salary's and hire former spec op's folks, or former S.W.A.T team members to patrol the grounds during all hours that the school is occupied.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    School Resource Officers here are sworn officers.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!