Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Optics Planet drops “standard capacity” magazines from inventory

I love the idea of the FASTER program. This is a deterrent as much as anything. We cannot understand the psychology a hardened target places on people who want to be in the headlines. Heck, even having signs up on campus about armed security (even if there is none) is a start. The status quo is currently to advertise no security. Worst possible situation.

I know people on the ground in CA. Lots of gun groups strategically working the hotbed of the leftists. NRA is partnered with them. This is a cultural battle as much as a legal one. Gotta change hearts. Takes a long time to do that. It took 100 years for moral relativism to become the norm, as crazy an idea as it is. It’ll take many years to bring people back to reality.
    Last edited by fledge; 22 February 2018 at 15:38.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Damn UW, I wouldn't blame the NRA for anything that happens in WA, OR, or CA. They are all so entrenched with solid left wing commies, Moses himself couldn't break that barrier, much less the NRA. Gun owners in those states are at the mercy of slobering left wing nut job politicians. It's the problem that other folks who love living there just have to swallow.

FT
    The NRA didn't do shit here when a few state wide initiatives were flooded with misinformation from the left. I get it's more of a national organization, but if they don't help put out fires on the State level, they may not have much of a nation left to fight. 14% of states now restrict magazine capacity.... it's only going to grow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don’t buy crap from optics planet, rarely do I see a must have deal there, but then again I haven’t had the chance to buy much of anything

It sucks, I see a lot at stake and nothing that makes any real sense. Raising the age limit to buy “assault rifles “ will do nothing.

It sucks to live in a state where the want to take away so many rights yet build sites for junkies to “safely “ shoot up...wtf.. Wash. state looks to be the next California in terms of bs laws.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Raising the age limit to buy “assault rifles “ will do nothing.
    *assault weapons
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    It sucks to live in a state where the want to take away so many rights yet build sites for junkies to “safely “ shoot up...wtf.. Wash. state looks to be the next California in terms of bs laws.
    It was on the news here that these fuckers get needles from the exchange program and then go sell them (1 syringe for $3 or 2 for $5 and they get up to 500 in a box!), or trade a pack of ten for a fix. We've had 21 O.D.s and 4 deaths from Monday to Friday this week.

Seriously, fuck those people. Yeah it's a shame, nothing helps.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone notice a run on products lately? It's definitely been steady.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Yes cheap AR’s have all but disappeared
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Yep. Was looking to top off my practice ammo stash. Target sports had 99+ cases of the Wolf gold last Tuesday. By Saturday it had 12 left at noon and went OOS by early evening. Its a quiet buy up. I think the smart folks are topping off or are picking up items they really weren't in a hurry to get but are afraid the chance will pass them by. Snagged ammo and some parts for my latest build. Here in Mn. the Dems have gone full retard and are looking to ban AR's, high cap. mags and more. Bunch of douche bags. Who knows, by sept. 2018 many thousands of us Mn. guys will be felons. But in the bill it states "this will not affect law abiding citizens"

Sec. 33. Minnesota Statutes 2016, section 624.7161, is amended by adding a subdivision
    to read:

Subd. 4. Ammunition sales. (a) A firearms dealer shall ensure that all ammunition is
    displayed behind a checkout counter where the public is not permitted and is offered for
    sale only by an employee who is at least 21 years of age and not prohibited by state or
    federal law from possessing a firearm. The firearms dealer shall ensure that the person
    making the sale requires the buyer:

(1) to provide photographic identification showing the buyer's date of birth; and

(2) to sign a written or electronic document detailing the date of the sale, the name of
    the buyer, and the amount of ammunition sold.

(b) A document described under paragraph (a), clause (2), must be retained by the
    firearms dealer for at least three years and must at all reasonable times be open to inspection
    by any authorized law enforcement agency.

Sec. 34. PERSONS POSSESSING ASSAULT WEAPONS ON EFFECTIVE DATE
    OF ACT; REQUIRED ACTIONS.
    Any person who, on March 1, 2018, legally owns or is in possession of an assault weapon
    has until September 1, 2018, to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution
    under Minnesota Statutes, section 624.7134:

(1) remove the weapon from the state;
    (2) surrender the weapon to a law enforcement agency for destruction;
    (3) render the weapon permanently inoperable; or
    (4) if eligible, register the weapon as provided in Minnesota Statutes, section 624.7134,
    subdivision 5.

EFFECTIVE DATE. This section is effective the day following final enactment.

Sec. 35. PERSONS POSSESSING LARGE-CAPACITY MAGAZINES ON
    EFFECTIVE DATE OF ACT; REQUIRED ACTIONS.
    Any person who, on August 1, 2018, is in possession of a large-capacity magazine has
    120 days to do either of the following without being subject to prosecution under Minnesota
    Statutes, section 624.7134:

(1) permanently alter the magazine so it cannot accommodate more than ten rounds;
    (2) remove the large-capacity magazine from the state; or
    (3) surrender the large-capacity magazine to a law enforcement agency for destruction.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/bills/tex...ssion_number=0
    Last edited by Stone; 28 February 2018 at 18:04.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Yep. Was looking to top off my practice ammo stash. Target sports had 99+ cases of the Wolf gold last Tuesday. By Saturday it had 12 left at noon and went OOS by early evening. Its a quiet buy up. I think the smart folks are topping off or are picking up items they really weren't in a hurry to get but are afraid the chance will pass them by. Snagged ammo and some parts for my latest build. Here in Mn. the Dems have gone full retard and are looking to ban AR's, high cap. mags and more. Bunch of douche bags. Who knows, by sept. 2018 many thousands of us Mn. guys will be felons. But in the bill it states "this will not affect law abiding citizens"

Sec. 33. Minnesota Statutes 2016, section 624.7161, is amended by adding a subdivision
    to read:

Subd. 4. Ammunition sales. (a) A firearms dealer shall ensure that all ammunition is
    displayed behind a checkout counter where the public is not permitted and is offered for
    sale only by an employee who is at least 21 years of age and not prohibited by state or
    federal law from possessing a firearm. The firearms dealer shall ensure that the person
    making the sale requires the buyer:

(1) to provide photographic identification showing the buyer's date of birth; and

(2) to sign a written or electronic document detailing the date of the sale, the name of
    the buyer, and the amount of ammunition sold.

(b) A document described under paragraph (a), clause (2), must be retained by the
    firearms dealer for at least three years and must at all reasonable times be open to inspection
    by any authorized law enforcement agency.

Sec. 34. PERSONS POSSESSING ASSAULT WEAPONS ON EFFECTIVE DATE
    OF ACT; REQUIRED ACTIONS.
    Any person who, on March 1, 2018, legally owns or is in possession of an assault weapon
    has until September 1, 2018, to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution
    under Minnesota Statutes, section 624.7134:

(1) remove the weapon from the state;
    (2) surrender the weapon to a law enforcement agency for destruction;
    (3) render the weapon permanently inoperable; or
    (4) if eligible, register the weapon as provided in Minnesota Statutes, section 624.7134,
    subdivision 5.

EFFECTIVE DATE. This section is effective the day following final enactment.

Sec. 35. PERSONS POSSESSING LARGE-CAPACITY MAGAZINES ON
    EFFECTIVE DATE OF ACT; REQUIRED ACTIONS.
    Any person who, on August 1, 2018, is in possession of a large-capacity magazine has
    120 days to do either of the following without being subject to prosecution under Minnesota
    Statutes, section 624.7134:

(1) permanently alter the magazine so it cannot accommodate more than ten rounds;
    (2) remove the large-capacity magazine from the state; or
    (3) surrender the large-capacity magazine to a law enforcement agency for destruction.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/bills/tex...ssion_number=0
    Wtf? Is that ACTAULLY getting signed into law?
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    That sucks.

It was just introduced to committee two days ago. So it depends on the legislature there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As much as this all sucks, I think it’s a good thing. The recent events have given companies the chance to show who they really are. It’s survival of the fittest, and some are just not fit to survive.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    From what it looks like the Republicans are in a majority in the lower House in MN and have a one vote majority in the state Senate there. Democrat Governor.

Whew. Looks crazy.

The anti gunners are out in full force.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    As much as this all sucks, I think it’s a good thing. The recent events have given companies the chance to show who they really are. It’s survival of the fittest, and some are just not fit to survive.
    Everyone should pray every night that the gun owning public will overwhelm the ballot boxes in the next elections. There are real consequences on the line.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Exactly! Look at Dicks, I think they want to go out of business. http://www.guns.com/2018/02/28/dicks...s-hi-cap-mags/
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    From what it looks like the Republicans are in a majority in the lower House in MN and have a one vote majority in the state Senate there. Democrat Governor.

Whew. Looks crazy.

The anti gunners are out in full force.
    True. I doubt it will gain traction but we aren't letting our guard down and will fight this every step of the way.