Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USPS Sucks

Downloads
    Uploads

USPS Sucks

I just thought I would post a reminder in case anyone has forgotten.

I bought a .22 pistol about 8 or 9 days ago after winning an auction on gunbroker. The seller for some reason sent the package 2nd day delivery by USPS.

I got a tracking number and kept on checking over and over...getting messages like 'attempted delivery' and so forth. Finally I got frustrated and went to the post office myself. One lady got my tracking number and said 'it's out with the carrier'. I told them the carrier already stopped by so can we call them and see if they just forgot it?

After a while she went back and got the manager. Two minutes later she walks over with a box---addressed to a local FFL--- and handed the whole thing to me, scanned it out and said 'thank you' without even so much as checking my ID.

Being the nice guy that I am I drove back over to the FFL with the box in hand and delivered the package so that we could do all the paperwork. I could have easily been long gone and no one would have known any different.

Apparently here is the problem they had is 1) the zip code was correct 2) the city name was also correct 3) you can almost see the post office from the address listed on the box (less than 1/2 mile away) and ON THE SAME STREET 4) the extremely unique name of the local business was also correct.

The problem was when the person that typed the address they put the letter "N" behind it. What is considered the 'north' section of the interstate halfway to Dallas from me.

I am still shaking my head in disbelief at those people. Anyway the transfer is FINALLY done. Better late than never eh?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yeah, it was also sent with a 'Signature Required' and 2 day delivery guarantee.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You notify USPS their employees are just handing over firearms to random people with no ID?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    You notify USPS their employees are just handing over firearms to random people with no ID?
    Not yet. This just happened. At the earliest I could only do something tomorrow. If I want to go that route I have to elevate it because she was a manager. I gotta figure out who is the boss's boss. I am up for opinions if I should hassle with trying to figure out how to handle this.

Not only that they handed over a firearm to me, the box wasn't even addressed to me in any way shape or form. It was addressed to a local business.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ... me personally, I wouldn't want to - because I don't want to push my luck/karma

... but also me, says you should definitely report it for their gross (probably an understatement) negligence, put very simply.

#draintheswamp lol
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn’t think USPS (knowingly) ships firearms. I know they don’t ship ammo.

But yeah, that’s a pretty big F-up. I have some good USPS stories but you topped them

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds similar to the story of my barrel I bought from UWOne77 that took 20 days to go from WA to OH. Hell, you could force march that fast.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah you gotta love when your tracking an important package and it disappears in Omaha for a week or two then just magically shows up at your door. I joke around with the wife when that happens and say "Looks like they got the monkey on the tricycle delivering again". Initially I did agree with UW's post but now I'm not so sure you want to go down that road. Next thing you know the FBI is knocking on your door asking why you took delivery of a firearm without an FFL license. Sometimes leaving sleeping dogs lye is best...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with Stone about letting sleeping dogs lie. You'll be depending on these same folks for delivery of your mail everyday in addition to the points Stone already made. In the Army we were always warned not to piss off the Mess Hall staff or the Payroll clerk for obvious reasons. This seems like one of those cases.

Besides, it could've been worse. He might have shipped it UPS. I loathe the brown box delivery truck. The worst of the worst.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think the brown truck guys even look at the street names anymore. "There's a house number" And they drop it. I cant even say how many times the guy down the street with the same house number as me has gotten my packages. Same house number, totally different street name.

"In the Army we were always warned not to piss off the Mess Hall staff or the Payroll clerk for obvious reasons."

Excellent advice. Those people have true power over us...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So far I think the nays have it. While I would love to force competence upon the US Postal Service I don't think it will in the end fix or change anything. As much as I dislike their slow ass bullshit and basically not giving a flying f**** I don't think forcing the issue will help. It will only cause a lot more hassles, probably for me more than anyone.

The lady at the post office probably didn't bother to look or had no way to know what was actually inside the box. Just being fair I don't know the rules to mail a gun between dealers or the capabilities to look up the contents of a box by a post office employee.

The other half of this though---I wasn't even asked if I was the person or if I worked for the company where it was sent to. Going 3 times over the time frame that was paid for, then handing off the box to a person you've never laid eyes on before without not even a peep is screwed up unto itself.

In the end I did my transaction legally and nobody can prove anything otherwise.

I don't see any real vested interest right now in trying to take down a single post office employee even if she is a total dumbass. Odds are I would end up having to argue my way through and wind up getting a 'we will talk to her about it'---especially since there is little to no evidence to back it up except my word and that of a few other witnesses.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by old11bravo View Post
    In the Army we were always warned not to piss off the Mess Hall staff or the Payroll clerk for obvious reasons. This seems like one of those cases.
    Don't forget about the logistics guys. Bullets don't fly without supply #proudpog lol
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you paid for shipping you might be able to make a case that it took longer than two days and get a refund...without going into what was in the box

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KW900A View Post
    I didn’t think USPS (knowingly) ships firearms. I know they don’t ship ammo.
    A non-FFL can ship a long-gun but not a handgun. FFLs can ship both.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I do not ship anything of value with USPS. I've had them lose very important items in the past which they didn't give two shits about regardless of reports. Even had the postal police "investigate" one of the packages going missing and they basically told me "tough shit."

UPS for stuff that absolutely cannot be lost.