Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JMJ View Post
    I'll definitely keep that in mind because if I ever get another 1911 to replace the Remington-Rand I borrowed from my Grandpaw it'll most likely be a 10mm of some flavor. I've got a bad case of the "I wants" with both the G40 MOS and the G29 that will need satisfying first, but the funds on those are dependent on my current career change pursuit.
    Having had both, and you're not 100% sold that you want a 10mm, I'd consider the Glock. They seem to take the snappy, hard recoil in stride. The Colt, on the other hand, started sliding down hill, albeit it a little at a time, from the first 1000 + rounds. Thus the recommendation for using the shock buffers at the range. (Never use them in a SD pistol, and they can come apart and render your weapon useless, just in case you didn't already know that).

I sent my Delta Elite to Wilson Combat and spent a fortune on it, just to realize it just wasn't practical.

My Glock just kept on ticking and for what I paid for it, I didn't care all that much about wear. It was just really too big for my hands, and I just couldn't find a niche, other than just having fun with it, and it eventually got traded away for something, I don't really recall. The Colt is a safe queen, and has been for a while.

If you have average or larger hands the G20 might just make your day! If you reload, you'll like it even better.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got a gen 3 G20 currently and it's definitely my favorite/ most fun to shoot pistol. I wear XXL Mechanix gloves so the grip isn't bad at all. I was looking for the G20SF at the time, but found a deal on this one for $500 after tax. It's just made me kinda want the other two models Glock offers in the caliber. The G29 would be a nice ccw in winter when possible bad guys are wearing thicker clothes and the G40 MOS would be to eventually set up with an RMR and suppressor height sights as a more dedicated hunting rig. I've also considered just getting a Lonewulf long slide and have it milled to swap out with the factory G20 slide for that same purpose instead of the G40 MOS.

I tend to use it as a woods gun when at the camp hiking/mountain biking and hunting. Finished off a few feral hogs with it and was pretty impressed with the Sig elite jhp's performance. I've got some HPR 180gr loaded with Hornady XTP that are supposed to be a little warm at 1260fps I need to shoot some hogs with to see the difference. I've had a set of RCBS carbide dies for 40sw/10mm forever it seems that I plan to eventually handload for it with, just need more space to setup for reloading.

Thanks for all the information and pointers!!
    Last edited by JMJ; 4 April 2018 at 03:55.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I tend to use it as a woods gun when at the camp hiking/mountain biking and hunting. Finished off a few feral hogs with it and was pretty impressed with the Sig elite jhp's performance. I've got some HPR 180gr loaded with Hornady XTP that are supposed to be a little warm at 1260fps I need to shoot some hogs with to see the difference. I've had a set of RCBS carbide dies for 40sw/10mm forever it seems that I plan to eventually handload for it with, just need more space to setup for reloading.

Thanks for all the information and pointers!!
    Hell, sounds like you're already set to go! Seriously making me regret getting rid of my G20

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I'm pretty well set with it, other than putting some better sights on it than the factory ones.

I think like most things in the firearms/shooting hobby I'm a victim of myself seeing something new and wanting it. I could easily get the G40's velocity/kE improvements by just getting a 6" drop in barrel for my G20 and calling it good.

I could see your decision to get rid of your G20 as being very rational if you don't hunt or need a back country protection piece for large animals.

I also have found it fun for distance shooting since it's such a flat shooting round compared to .40SW. I'll admit to not having much experience shooting 9mm pistols, so I'm not sure how the 9mm's trajectory at distances past 60m.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You guys inspired me to get one.

IMG_6247.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads
    Regarding protection against bears and big cats, although I know a .40 will kill a big ass male lion, and the 10 mm would do it several steps farther away, I will have shat my drawers regardless of the stopping distance of said predator from reaching me and converting my wonderful sense of humor into bear shit (Big cat shit, etc..). When a big cat notices you, it stops, looks you over, makes some calculations and then heads your direction, speeding up as it gets closer. Kind of unsettling! :D

I want one of these because "Fuck you; that's why!"

Yeah I'm pretty well set with it, other than putting some better sights on it than the factory ones.

I think like most things in the firearms/shooting hobby I'm a victim of myself seeing something new and wanting it. I could easily get the G40's velocity/kE improvements by just getting a 6" drop in barrel for my G20 and calling it good.

I could see your decision to get rid of your G20 as being very rational if you don't hunt or need a back country protection piece for large animals.

I also have found it fun for distance shooting since it's such a flat shooting round compared to .40SW. I'll admit to not having much experience shooting 9mm pistols, so I'm not sure how the 9mm's trajectory at distances past 60m.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Speaking of big cats, there was just a Cougar Mauling 2 people out here yesterday. One died.

I live in an area where all the trails have Bear warnings, pretty much my reasoning for needing a 10mm in my life.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Your state, bubba! Lock-n-load!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    pretty much my reasoning for needing a 10mm in my life.
    10 out of 10 Trauma Surgeons agree! Real life bullet tracks are nothing like those shown by ballistic gelatin. In fact, most research on gun fights show it takes multiple strikes if you aren't hitting the magic button on the first shot. Most abdominal gsw's are survived without lasting complications. Center mass is where its at.

Downloads
    Uploads

I live in an area where all the trails have Bear warnings, pretty much my reasoning for needing a 10mm in my life.
    Bears prefer asphalt here in Tennessee...

Downloads
    Uploads
    You guys inspired me to get one.

IMG_6247.jpg
    Nice pick up! It's one big ass pistol that's for sure!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I finally decided on some aftermarket irons last year, went with Ameriglo I-dots. Since I last posted in this thread this G20’s become my “do all” pistol, it got added to my ccw rotation and the rest is history. I started thinking why not carry the G20 over the G22/17 since it’s not that much bigger. This’s pretty much cured me of wanting a G29, I still wouldn’t mind having a G40 but honestly I’m not sure it’d yield enough gains to warrant the size difference.
    61222E9B-6C27-434D-B641-03A39C7D9F00.jpeg
    BA3A4D6B-F504-4AFA-968B-9DC9CDC5D2B8.jpeg

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been shooting my M&P 10mm more than my Glock 20. I don't shoot a whole lot of 10mm in the first place because of ammo considerations, but the M&P in my mind has overtaken the Glock, simply because the trigger is slightly better out of the box, and I can throw an optic on it.

I am however, considering a G29, just because I'm wondering if it's any better to carry on those trail walks with the wife vs the M&P. May just get one to round out the collection.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven’t gotten to check out a M&P 10mm yet, but all I’ve heard were great things about it. I’m with you on not shooting a whole lot of 10mm for the same reason.

Can’t hurt to add another 10 to the stable.