Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

G20 10mm....who else has them?

I've got a Gen 3 model I picked up for a good deal a few years ago as a hunting pistol/woods gun for mountain biking and hiking when hunting season isn't open. I still have the not so great factory adjustable sights on it, it shoots well enough I just don't trust the durability of those sights.

So my question for anyone else with a G20 what sights are you using on your's?

I've considered the Meprolite tritium adjustibles along with some other brand I had seen online that has metal construction, or just stick with what I know an run fixed trijicon night sights. The reason I'm wanting adjustable s for it is because of it being more of a hunting pistol for me I plan to use different weight loads (180gr-200gr) and eventually reload for it with plinking loads as light as 155gr so being compensate for different POA/POI with a wide range of different loads would be a plus imho.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Soooo I'm the only person with a G20????

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a G20 back in the day. (stock sights, Surefire Light) Carried it when I went walking around the trails as they were frequented by Black Bears.

Now that I live in a similar type location, I thought about getting another G20 or G29 to carry with me in the woods.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you stick with a standard weight load or change bullet weights some. So far all I've shot out of mine are 180gr. Just wondering if there's a lot of impact differences.

I got mine because hogs have moved into my hunting area pretty drastically and I was always curious about 10mm. I have the say with full power loads it's my favorite semiauto to shoot.

The G40 MOS has been tempting me now that I e got my feet wet in the 10mm.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shot 180gr exclusively. So I can't tell you anything about comparing that to 200gr. If you get a G40 MOS, I'd be curious on how you like it with a red dot.

Are you shooting Hogs with your G20 or throwing some rifle rounds down range as well?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've only used the G20 to finish off hogs shot with a 5.56 so far. I've been carrying it when my wife and I hike in case we happen onto some hogs and have carried it along with a rifle onto the deerstand if I get the chance on one that comes inside of archery distance I'll try to get my first handgun deer.

I'm thinking a G40 MOS with a red dot could endup being my short distance deer gun.
    Last edited by JMJ; 21 February 2018 at 19:21.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've shot a friend's G20. It's a big gun, even compared to a 17/22.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I've shot a friend's G20. It's a big gun, even compared to a 17/22.

Yeah it definitely is, I was going to order a G20sf for the smaller circumference of the grip, but I ran across this regular G20 for $500 out the door. Luckily I wear size XXL Mechanix gloves so it fits me well, just not as much fun for my friends with Trump sized hands lol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    G29 with Buffalo Bore I bought years back.

My plinking ammo is 180 gr

Downloads
    Uploads
    Buddy has one, factory trijicons.

He kills deer and bears with it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had 2 10mm's. One Colt Delta Elite (Wilson Combat-ized) and a Glock. Really didn't care for the Glock due to the size, and swapped it for something. The Colt became a safe queen. I think it's a sweet caliber but just never really found a niche for it in my collection. For Hogs and Deer I always carried a Ruger Super Blackhawk in .44 mag.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks guys!

Downloads
    Uploads
    My girlfriend has a G29 , I put Trijicon Hd's on it and an Agency trigger and she likes it but not my cup of tea .
    I'm trying to convince her buy me .... I mean her a 10mm 1911 or that Noveske pdw

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you get a 1911 in 10mm, I would recommend you use shock buffers at the range, and take them out for SD/Carry. Hot 10mm rounds will loosen a 1911 pretty quickly...just my personal experience.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll definitely keep that in mind because if I ever get another 1911 to replace the Remington-Rand I borrowed from my Grandpaw it'll most likely be a 10mm of some flavor. I've got a bad case of the "I wants" with both the G40 MOS and the G29 that will need satisfying first, but the funds on those are dependent on my current career change pursuit.