Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    I think I've seen the build your talking about. The WEVO Rainer lower was billet right? Mine is forged, so prob not as tight on the tolerances.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BfhKIRmBiGX/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, that's the one I was thinking. Sweet set up.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, that's the one I was thinking. Sweet set up.
    Thanks.

I am a fan of it. Also I have the noveske/magpul ambi (scar-type) safety for it - maybe that is a coincidental combo which makes them work?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Thanks.

I am a fan of it. Also I have the noveske/magpul ambi (scar-type) safety for it - maybe that is a coincidental combo which makes them work?
    My favorite ambi safety. And a steal of a price. Nice crisp feel to the detents.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I need one more safety anyways, and since you both like that one, maybe I'll give it a shot. One last Hail Mary for the trigger.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone tried the Elf cross bar safety on their AR? Thoughts?

I have some concern that it could get depressed and thus selected to fire while slinging the weapon, but in talking to the owner his response for that was a dismissive "Hm, I'd like to see that."

So instead, I'm asking YOU guys, who DON'T have a vested interest in selling one. Have you tried one? Thoughts? Experience? Opinions?

I tried the trigger, felt great but wouldn't function properly with three different safeties, so I even purchased a Noveske/Magpul STS and that didn't solve it either. So yeah... FOUR safeties.

The owner garaunteed it would work with his safety, but I'm not sold on swapping over to a brand new way of operating an AR safety, as mentioned with my above concerns.

I took a video of my issue and sent it to elf, and the trigger is going back for testing.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tried that trigger in two more lowers tonight. A gen 2 Noveske and an Umbrella billet. Both are super tight lowers.

Trigger still didn't allow proper function of the safety. So, ruled out the lowers being the problem. Trigger is getting shipped back in the morning.

So, to summarize, that's FOUR different safeties and THREE different lowers.
    Last edited by Aragorn; 8 March 2018 at 18:03.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    What a mess. Elftmann told me they couldn't replicate the problem and that every single lower I own is apparently out of spec.

Yeah... my ass.

I had to get an RMA from where I bought it, forward it to Elf, and then have THEM send it back to the retailer. WTF is the retailer supposed to do with it???? Anyways that was all last Friday, still haven't received word on if they've shipped it back yet.

I'll also add that the majority of times I've tried to contact them I was unable, and most of my calls, texts (they owner gave me his number), and voicemails went unheeded. Not ALL of them, but definitely MOST. Communication was a nightmare, and is continuing to be so. I won't be dealing with anything Elfmann ever again.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    What a mess. Elftmann told me they couldn't replicate the problem and that every single lower I own is apparently out of spec.

Yeah... my ass.

I had to get an RMA from where I bought it, forward it to Elf, and then have THEM send it back to the retailer. WTF is the retailer supposed to do with it???? Anyways that was all last Friday, still haven't received word on if they've shipped it back yet.

I'll also add that the majority of times I've tried to contact them I was unable, and most of my calls, texts (they owner gave me his number), and voicemails went unheeded. Not ALL of them, but definitely MOST. Communication was a nightmare, and is continuing to be so. I won't be dealing with anything Elfmann ever again.
    That's unfortunate to hear.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The shit show saga has drawn to a conclusion. With no luck dealing with Elftmann I contacted Rainier. I guess they managed to put pressure on Elftmann and got them to send them a replacement trigger. Not sure what all took place behind the scenes, just got my refund this weekend.

So for those keeping score at home, that was nearly two months of dealing with Elftmann and their dick dance. They've been added to my VERY short list of manufacturers I'll never do business with again. However, all's well that ends well, and UPS tracking shows I should have my lower back on Wednesday, with a fresh factory installed JP Armageddon Revolution trigger.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good to hear you got it worked out. Unfortunately someone had to force their hand it sounds.

Downloads
    Uploads
    All that mess and you still didn’t buy a Geissele

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    All that mess and you still didn’t buy a Geissele
    I have Geissele's. My favorite of them so far being my SD-E, but I want a single stage and even less creep. My favorite break on any of my triggers come from my LaRue MBT's installed in my billet lowers. They're ULTRA crisp, but just due to luck of the draw on tolerances, slightly less so on my Rainier forged lower. Also I prefer a flat trigger which the MBT doesn't have.

The hope is that with all the installation adjustability and a JP Custom Shop install that'll I'll end up with an MBT like break, all while being single stage with a flat trigger. I DID get the roller version. Their logic behind it makes sense, and I figured that as inexpensive as their custom install is, why not get all the options? The install was only an additional $20, and that INCLUDED return shipping.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would have dropped a CMC in that lower and never thought twice. Fantastic single stage triggers and flat blades.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I would have dropped a CMC in that lower and never thought twice. Fantastic single stage triggers and flat blades.
    You know I actually tried one for awhile and felt a little underwhelmed. Later on I found this article TTAG did comparing a whole bunch of drop in style triggers, complete with Dvorak TriggerScan graphs, showing the CMC actually performed less well than other even less expensive models.

It's a couple years old by now, but here's a link for anyone interested.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...igger-roundup/

In contrast to the graphs depicted in that article, here's a graph of the LaRue which depicts the break I'm chasing.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 296
Size:  110.0 KB

For comparison here is the Geissele SSA.

Views: 244
Size:  117.7 KB

And addition charts from Geissele.

Views: 255
Size:  97.2 KB
    -One Nation, Under God