Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you’re already into 223, then you’ve got Mags, bolts, brass.....to name a few. Literally nothing special to buy except a barrel.

If you’re like me and in .308 also and have a good stock of bullets already, it’s even simpler.

6.5 Grendel, to me personally, answered a question that other calibers already did. I don’t want to get into a caliber that has so little in common with everything else. The only saving grace for me and 224V is bullet selection, primers and powder.

If 300BLK supersonic isn’t enough (for me), then there’s always .308. I just don’t have justification for an oddball intermediate round. That’s why I said 300BLK sounds easier

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BC98 View Post
    Easier how? Some testing I've read so far shows only about 30 fps per inch loss of velocity for the factory 60gr load. Assuming that stays linear below 16" length, a 13.5" barrel should put that load somewhere around 2900fps. Plenty for my use.

I don’t see it either the grendel is much more useable in my opinion. Cheaper to shoot, and lots more when you hand load

Much better ballistics beyond the short range of the BO.

Sure the bolt is thinner yards yada but hardly hear of many problems, and given the number out there... Plus a different mag..which really isn’t a big deal for what your getting out of it.

Downloads
    Uploads