Downloads
    Uploads

Kel Tec KSG or Similiar Shotgun

Is anyone familiar with this shotgun or one similar to it? It's a 12+1 bullpup pump shotgun.

https://www.keltecweapons.com/shotguns/ksg

Also if I were to put a vertical front grip or an angled front grip on a shotgun like that would it cause any kind of NFA issue?

If the gun sucks or better yet if there are better options out there please let me know what my options would be.

A high capacity 12 gauge seems pretty cool. I saw one in a store today and the concept seems pretty cool. Whether or not the gun is a decent gun is a different subject but I haven't been on top of the shotgun world for a while now.

Also Kel Tec has never come across to me as a great firearm manufacturer, that said I've never shot one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Benelli M4.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I tried one out, an uncle owns one. It's so very.... Kel-tech. Which isn't super. I mean it was ok. Trigger was meh at best, strings of fire constantly interrupted by having to flip the switch to change tubes, and you SERIOUSLY had to DRIVE the pump FULL forward to actually make it work.

I have zero intention of buying one after that.

About the only thing I give it kudos for is length.

My favorite shotgun is the Benelli M2.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Benelli M4.
    This.

I don't own one, but I love me some Benelli M1, M2, M4 action.

I own a 686 O/U, fanfreakingtastic.

Do you own any shotguns? I always tell people to just pick up a Remington 870 Police, you can find them for $250-300 on trade ins.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The KSG is a malfunctioning pile of shit but it’s fun to shoot with LIGHT loads. Beats you up with buckshot or slugs.

The Benelli M2 is one of the best running semi’s made. It’s actually much better than the M4. I have both and honestly the M4 is way overpriced. It looks cool but if you run it and a M2 it’s apparent immediately the superior weapon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've heard pretty much that Kel Tec sucks, which confirms previous thoughts. What kind of was 'cool' was the idea of a bullpup design (yes I have seen them before in various flavors) and the capacity to hold a lot more shells. That said I don't want a POS gun. Looks good on paper though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It’s fun but they need some work to get functioning well.

Name:  1346A213-A5B2-404B-95C0-0B53EDD4780A.jpeg
Views: 346
Size:  2.13 MB

But it’s no M2 by any stretch.

Name:  E6CB2791-8931-4E1F-A0EF-7BF2C98355E7.jpeg
Views: 325
Size:  2.02 MB

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the Benelli M1, M3 & M4. I shoot my M1 Super 90 far more than any of the others. It's light, reliable and butter-smooth after about 1 zillion rounds (it's a former Police gun, and I think they massaged it a bit). It's my Quail gun, my fun gun, my do-everything gun. If I were to have only 1 shotgun this would be it. If you maintain it with new inertia springs according to their recommendations it works with even light, low-brass loads. It does have a charging handle so you can cycle it manually if necessary.

I've shot a friend's KSG a couple times. It's ok, but it's typical Kel-Tec quality which means you have to fiddle with it before it's 100%. Better to just wear a bandolier I think if you really need all those rounds.

The coolest shotgun I've ever seen was a Remington 870 Police model with an over-folding stock. NFA tax stamp required, but man was it a slick package. I think it was LE only, but I could be wrong.