Downloads
    Uploads

Sorta retro, sorta lightweight build...

I ended up with an old Colt A2 upper in a trade, and I came across a Charles Daley Defense stripped lower that I'd forgotten I still had. Not the best by a long shot, but in spec, so...

Vltor A5 receiver extension tube & A5H2 buffer
    Faxon Gunner 16" barrel with A2 front sight
    Faxon M16 BCG
    Forward Controls Early Production 6315 flash suppressor
    ALG Defense Advanced Combat Trigger
    Radian Talon Ambi Safety 2-lever kit
    Magpul MOE Fixed Carbine Stock, MOE+ grip, MOE Slim Hand Guard mid-length, and M-Lok MVG Vertical Grip
    Spike's melonited mid-length gas tube

The only PITA was swapping out the triangular handguard cap for a round one so the slim fore end would work. I really like the way it feels with the Gunner barrel - nice and light at the front end. I'll probably add a small light and call it a day on this one. Simple is good sometimes.

ETA: total weight 6 lbs, 8 3/8 oz. Yes, the right side safety lever is reversed. I can still operate it with my trigger finger and this way it doesn't contact my trigger finger when "off".

Last edited by PJD642; 9 March 2018 at 16:56.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Like the idea of the reversed safety, but I don't think I'd ever get used to it after all of these years of dropping the safety the "regular" way.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Like the idea of the reversed safety, but I don't think I'd ever get used to it after all of these years of dropping the safety the "regular" way.
    It's only for the right side. The safety on the left is oriented correctly. I almost wish they'd make just a "nub" or cap to fit over the off side. I could grind it down, but then it'd have to be refinished, etc. I'll just stick with this for now.