Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The ammo that shot a hole through it was Norma 300 RUM Oryx Bonded 165 grain.

https://www.ableammo.com/catalog/nor...mpaign=ammospy

The box says 3,360 but I think it might have been a tad bit hotter than that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I can't provide any scientific evidence to prove your plates were not true AR-500 steel, Alamo. But I can tell you I've shot various rounds of ammo I should NOT shoot at steel at my legitimate AR500 steel and I've had no shoot-throughs. Dimples at the back, mostly just blowing the paint away, yes, but that's it. That includes 7n6 and 30.06 surplus. I get it doesn't have the velocity your round has, but I have a hard time believing your steel is exactly what it said it was.
    "AR500 Steel Targets

For pistol use place the target no closer than 10 yards, magnum calibers should be used at 25+ yards. For rifle use place the target no closer than 100 yards. When using rifles place the target further away as the muzzle velocity increases. The velocity of the bullet will deteriorate the target more than the weight. High velocity rounds (3000+FPS MV) or magnum calibers should only be used at longer ranges of 200 yards or more. Always check for damage when setting up for rifle, move the target back if damage occurs."

https://www.shootsteel.com/pages/steel-targets

Quoted from the shootsteel.com website.

The more I look into it the more I think I have been using legit AR500 the whole time. 100 yards with a 3,400 ish fps round---well I found that failure point. LOL!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fair enough. Like I said, even the steel core ammo I've shot wasn't going that fast. Speed kills!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got your PM and replied Alamo. Thickness makes a huge difference too. .338 Lapua went right through 3/8” plates at 300 yards. They barely even moved when struck. 1/2” only had a slight bulge after multiple hits.