Downloads
    Uploads

Another V Seven thread

Was going to tack this question onto one of the other threads, but it's kind of a new idea, so figured I'd start a new thread...

Seriously considering getting a 14.5" V7 barrel to replace a SOCOM barrel I have. Before I bother Joel, I figured I'd ask here for the V7 groupies. I'm trying to balance weight with performance and wondering about the "light" profile barrels versus the "Match" profile. I have a 12.5" Match, and it's great, but as the barrel gets longer, the weight adds up. Is the "Light" profile essentially like the Noveske N4 profile? I have an older Noveske barrel and it's very maneuverable, but also suffers a little more POI shift with a can attached.

If I can fund most of a V7 barrel purchase by selling a SOCOM (and another Colt) barrel, the accuracy trade off seems to make sense, just trying to figure out the profile.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No responses, hugh? I figured at least fledge would chime in.

Downloads
    Uploads

Another V Seven thread

Hahaha.

I have this barrel. It’s light and swings like nobody’s business. It will even make corrections for you when your form is sloppy and slow, after a long day of pounding hammers and you need to fight off a swarm of bats. Once I found it making me stew, which was slightly overdone.

I’ve not run it for groups, but it’s VSeven so you know it’ll do the job when you find the ammo it likes.

Can’t compare to the Noveske.

POI will be true with any barrel and a variety of conditions, whether heat or a can or whatever. You already know that. I never expect any barrel to be sighted in with a can unless sighted in with the can on. Maybe that’s just me.

The 14.5 BA Hanson will be similar for a more budget barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good stuff.

Okay, I'll have to figure this puzzle out based on profile on my own. And I can't manage putting the BA barrel into the equation, not because I think it's bad, but because of just how awesome the V7 barrel has been with accuracy AND gas.

It's like buying Charmin Blue rolls. Sure other brands will work, but the extra price just gives piece of mind, and a soft touch.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You gotta take it up a notch, baby wipes are the bomb. Unscented additive free. Look up tissue trauma. https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/your...312467522.html
    Last edited by Stone; 23 March 2018 at 20:02.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gator, if you are really serious you’d get a proof 14.5. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    You gotta take it up a notch, baby wipes are the bomb. Unscented additive free. Look up tissue trauma. https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/your...312467522.html
    It's funny how we're conditioned. I always stayed away from baby wipes because of being onboard ships. Every time someone would use some (even though everyone is warned NOT to), it would clog up the masticator and cause the heads to be shut down for 4+ hours.

Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Gator, if you are really serious you’d get a proof 14.5. :)
    With what I'm planning to build, technically a 16" Lilja would probably be even more appropriate. But that's not going to happen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Accuracy AND gas. It's like buying Charmin Blue rolls. Sure other brands will work, but the extra price just gives piece of mind, and a soft touch.
    Accuracy and gas truly deserves Charmin "Blue". For the discerning sphincter.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper