I decided to post this because there’s very little posted information out there for this particular Barnes bullet: the 62gr Tipped Triple Shock X bullets (TTSX). Barnes’ posted data between the 5.56mm and .223 Rem has such a discrepancy I decided I had to work them up myself starting with a MUCH lower amount giving me a larger margin of error, and also the 5.56mm data seemed extremely high compared to the .223 data: the 223 max is 25.5gr compressed and the 5.56mm MINIMUM is 25.2 (Looking at RE15 & Varget specifically)

I know 5.56 cases have marginally more capacity than 223, but with the size of the bullet and the required seating depth, I don’t know how some of that data is safe......so work up your loads!!!

L to R: 69gr SMK, 62gr TTSX, 77gr SMK, 73gr ELD-M, 77gr TMK

I settled on 24.4gr of Reloder 15 @ 2.250” while testing 8208XBR, CFE223, and RE15. Didn’t chrono it but Quickload puts it at about 2720fps. I found accuracy to be the best in a node between 24.1-24.4 and decided to go with 24.4gr since this is a hunting load and I wanted to wring as much out of the combo between accuracy and velocity. The solid copper bullets are great hunting bullets because they retain a significant amount of weight when they expand rather than fragment immediately which makes them a great choice for hogs as well as other small game. These are NOT precision bullets like the TMKs and ELD-Ms. My best group was probably 7/8” @ 100yds and they were consistently around 1.25”, for the record