Downloads
    Uploads

Aimpoint T2 Question

It seems All of my Aimpoints have a magic number for outdoor/indoor shooting, and that's around the "7" mark on the dial. When it quits snowing and warms up and I can get some bright light, I want to see what the magic number is for a nice crisp pinpoint red dot with as little blur around it as possible in that type of shooting light. Hell, if the sun ever comes to KY again, I can do that test setting in front of a window. I can compare this number to MComp's , PRO's and a T1, but I'd like to get some input from another T2 user to compare the two. I know things like vision, etc., can make a difference but if you have time to check yours out and tell me the results you got, or you already know I'd appreciate it if you can fill me in on your T2.

Also, the Magic number for general, non-sun blinding glare light, for my T2 is a bit higher than my other Aimpoint RDS's, about "8-9". Anybody want to throw anything out there concerning your RDS performance, that's cool too.

FT

PS. My Scalar mount says it's "low drag". LOL does that mean if I put on my sneakers and try to out run John Force in the 1/4 mi. I'll get a lower co-efficient of drag. Ha..ha. I'm still laughing at that, unless it means something entirely foreign to me.

One last thing, if you replace the factory caps with Tango Down cover, that thing was such a bitch to get on, that I would plan on leaving it on for eternity..
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does Tango Down make a T2 Cover? I thought the T2 already came with a factory cover? Looks like a pain to get off, unless the new one just slides over it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Does Tango Down make a T2 Cover? I thought the T2 already came with a factory cover? Looks like a pain to get off, unless the new one just slides over it?
    It's easy to remove the T-2 lens covers. The TD iO covers for T-2s are a relatively new thing; for me, I use them (well, stretched out T-1s, anyway, since they didn't have the T-2 covers when I got T-2s) so I don't have to paint the optic, and it provides some impact protection, besides having the lens covers fold out of the way better than the OEM covers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Yeah UW. You just flip off the factory flip up covers, front and rear, then it's buck naked. Then you stretch the TD T2 cover over it. It's kind of a pain in the ass, but you just wiggle it and stretch until it pops on. Even has a little notch on the bottom that allows the serial no. to be read, I suppose so potential buyers can make sure it's not a forgery.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    It's easy to remove the T-2 lens covers. The TD iO covers for T-2s are a relatively new thing; for me, I use them (well, stretched out T-1s, anyway, since they didn't have the T-2 covers when I got T-2s) so I don't have to paint the optic, and it provides some impact protection, besides having the lens covers fold out of the way better than the OEM covers.
    Just fold them all the way back and insert the smaller cap into the larger one, and they'll stat "nested", way better option than the factory set-up on a T2.

Default. MP3., do you know the level that you have to turn your "intensity" to get a usable dot when facing into bright sun light?
    Last edited by FortTom; 25 March 2018 at 04:06.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    FT, my T-2 in the FL sun is usually at 9-10. If I need to do some fine aiming, depending on the cloud cover, it may go down to 8.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    FT, my T-2 in the FL sun is usually at 9-10. If I need to do some fine aiming, depending on the cloud cover, it may go down to 8.
    Cool, I'll start out at 10 in bright sunlight then go up or down from there. Thanks, that'll probably save me a lot of frustration and ammol

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Default. MP3., do you know the level that you have to turn your "intensity" to get a usable dot when facing into bright sun light?
    Like gatordev, I usually keep it at around 10, 11 sometimes if needed (I'm currently in the desert), bumped down to 8 when zeroing with a magnifier.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Like gatordev, I usually keep it at around 10, 11 sometimes if needed (I'm currently in the desert), bumped down to 8 when zeroing with a magnifier.
    The sun finally broke really bright today and I got to do a little testing. I adjusted in various light conditions from full on sun light to in-house dim light and in bright light I got the same results that both of you did, which is what I'd expect for that price point. Thanks to both of you.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    So I looked today at a 2-gun competition while the sun was out and I was up to 11. Lower when I had to shoot at a steel plate I couldn't even see (but hit!).

Downloads
    Uploads
    So I looked today at a 2-gun competition while the sun was out and I was up to 11. Lower when I had to shoot at a steel plate I couldn't even see (but hit!).
    I didn't know, when I purchased this one, if it was worth the extra $$$ over a T1. The ergonomics alone make it worth it, I think. I believe this is going to be a sweet little RDS that I'll enjoy shooting with, until I can't shoot anymore. The cool thing is, because of a screw up from the vendor, they ended up giving it to me for the same price as a T1.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger